Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: firmware problems with Leaf Afi 5  (Read 4193 times)

favor

firmware problems with Leaf Afi 5
« on: March 14, 2010, 09:34:07 am »

After an update to the Leaf camera Afi firmware 2.13 fom Leaf Capture I had much trouble with my mf-lenses. When I used my 3,5/40 Super-Angulon by an exposure time longer than 1/12 sec. the result was an overexposed shot.
I send the camera to DHW - Fototechnik (Franke and Heidecke), because I thought about some problems with the lens. Now the camera is back and the corrupted  firmware 2.13 was replaced by 2.10. Everything works fine now.

Has anyone that kind of problem?
Which meaning has the firmware 2.13 for the Afi camera?

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 09:52:12 am »

Quote from: favor
After an update to the Leaf camera Afi firmware 2.13 fom Leaf Capture I had much trouble with my mf-lenses. When I used my 3,5/40 Super-Angulon by an exposure time longer than 1/12 sec. the result was an overexposed shot.
I send the camera to DHW - Fototechnik (Franke and Heidecke), because I thought about some problems with the lens. Now the camera is back and the corrupted  firmware 2.13 was replaced by 2.10. Everything works fine now.

Has anyone that kind of problem?
Which meaning has the firmware 2.13 for the Afi camera?

Why did not you ask to install the latest firmware version 3.10, which also adds major improvements to the AF system?
Pascal
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

favor

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 11:41:56 am »

Quote from: rolleiflexpages
Why did not you ask to install the latest firmware version 3.10, which also adds major improvements to the AF system?
Pascal

Thank you very much for your advise and your helpful www. site for much more information.
Perhaps I will do an update to 3.10 but I´m not sure if it is compatible to the leaf back. The firmware 2.10 was checked by leaf and Franke and Heidecke together. But the other one?
The Company DHW previously F&H is the only firm I know, where you need an undercover agent to get wind of what they have to sell and let alone to get information about some technical improvements. But curiously when I have found the Pearl in the shell during my mid-long photographic expierence, mostly it was an product from F&H.  

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2010, 07:51:18 pm »

Thank you very much for your advise and your helpful www. site for much more information.
Perhaps I will do an update to 3.10 but I´m not sure if it is compatible to the leaf back. The firmware 2.10 was checked by leaf and Franke and Heidecke together. But the other one?
The Company DHW previously F&H is the only firm I know, where you need an undercover agent to get wind of what they have to sell and let alone to get information about some technical improvements. But curiously when I have found the Pearl in the shell during my mid-long photographic expierence, mostly it was an product from F&H.  

Consider it a small operation, possibly over-stretched. Like many good things, personal contact makes a huge difference. As to the pearl in the shell, I'm with you, and with F&H, Rollei and DHW.
Geoff

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 05:27:52 pm »

Firmware 3.10A should work well with any Hy6 or AFi camera body and Sinar or Leaf digital backs.
As for "undercover", DHW and F&H are among the very few camera companies with whom you can establish personal relationships. I have not been disappointed in this respect. Even better than Leica.

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 06:23:55 am »

as a caution in case anyone tries a firmware change:-
"version 2.11 CAUTION: Please do not install this firmware version if your camera has already firmware version 3.0 and higher.
 As a result of downgradeing the camera, the autofocus stops working and has to be recalibrated at cost in the factory!"
The feedback I have on version 3 is good- but its a factory installation.
Edwin
Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

David K

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 08:21:29 am »

Is there a charge for the upgrade to the 3.01 version of the firmware... if so, how much??

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 01:41:59 pm »

Quote from: David K
Is there a charge for the upgrade to the 3.01 version of the firmware... if so, how much??

289 euro excl VAT if performed by DHW Fototechnik in Braunschweig. This is not just a software upgrade and further AF adjustments, but may also involve replacement of AF-related hardware parts, depending on the state of your camera body.

Pascal

philipmccormick

• http://www.pmccormickphoto.com
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2010, 02:16:04 pm »

289 euro excl VAT if performed by DHW Fototechnik in Braunschweig. This is not just a software upgrade and further AF adjustments, but may also involve replacement of AF-related hardware parts, depending on the state of your camera body.

Pascal

How do you go about finding out which firmware is in an Afi?

Philip
« Last Edit: March 26, 2010, 02:16:31 pm by philipmccormick »
Philip

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2010, 02:59:39 pm »

Quote from: philipmccormick
How do you go about finding out which firmware is in an Afi?

Philip

Page 36 and 37 of the Rolleiflex Hy6 manual or page 185 of the Leaf AFi manual. If you do not have those, you can find them on my web pages as well.

Pascal

philipmccormick

• http://www.pmccormickphoto.com
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 05:54:35 pm »

Page 36 and 37 of the Rolleiflex Hy6 manual or page 185 of the Leaf AFi manual. If you do not have those, you can find them on my web pages as well.

Pascal

Thanks for that Pascal.
Philip
Pages: [1]   Go Up