Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: arTec lens shade  (Read 1735 times)

tho_mas

arTec lens shade
« on: March 14, 2010, 06:27:33 am »

Does anyone use the arTec lens shade?
http://www.sinar.ch/en/products/accessorie...kompendiummaske
As it is attached directly on the lens (via adapter screwed into the filter-thread of the lens) I wonder if it is prone to move the lens?
Any experience with it?
Thanks!

MHFA

arTec lens shade
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:35:15 am »

the lens shade uses the same adapters as the white balance filter. I have one for each lens, so there is no need to screw and unscrew everytime changing the lens. The lens shade is mounted on it and can be adapted at every lens and every movement. Simple, leightweight, but efficient.

Michael

tho_mas

arTec lens shade
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 06:12:01 pm »

Quote from: MHFA
the lens shade uses the same adapters as the white balance filter. I have one for each lens, so there is no need to screw and unscrew everytime changing the lens. The lens shade is mounted on it and can be adapted at every lens and every movement. Simple, leightweight, but efficient.
Thank you!
Yes, obviously it makes sense to leave the adapters on the lenses all the time.

rhsu

arTec lens shade
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 01:04:38 am »

Quote from: tho_mas
Thank you!
Yes, obviously it makes sense to leave the adapters on the lenses all the time.

Hey there...

Just came back from playing with the arTec and glad you and the rest have made a VERY good choice!

The lens shade is like the Lee's WA shade with the quick release and is so flat and can be used with HR23 and works well (...of course - it's a Sinar).  

BTW:  No flares with the HR40mm in direct sun light.

Well done arTec!

tho_mas

arTec lens shade
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 03:15:36 pm »

Quote from: rhsu
glad you and the rest have made a VERY good choice!
I don't have an arTec. I have a Cambo WRS. But as the lens shade is attached to the lens you can use it on every tech camera.
I'll have to see in how far it works well with Cambos T/S lens panel but I think it will be no problem. With the regular lens panel it will work fine, of course.
I also ordered the lens shading cap ... I think it's quite comfortable if you don't have to hold the white plate in one hand.
If Sinar will ever provide Contax mount I certainly will think about the arTec again. But by now there's only Hy6, V, H and Mamiya mount.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:26:10 pm by tho_mas »

rhsu

arTec lens shade
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 06:34:25 pm »

Quote from: tho_mas
...the lens shade is attached to the lens you can use it on every tech camera.

Had I known about that insight, I would have done exactly as you.  I use the Lee's WA shade..

I'll also forward your wish on DB mount. If Sinar can give this guy access to camera files for shutter timing for their DB to fine tune if needed for various cameras, surely Sinar will entertain (if NOT already in the pipe line) your wish.

NB:  He held the WRS and admitted that it is very compact and ideal.  He was reserved about the lens mount in comparison to how Sinar mount theirs lenses.  I told him that the only ONE improvement is to have a lock on the rise/fall/shift.  I always shift the rise/fall gear when hand held.  I now need to make an effort to double check as part of my initial check list.

Same as you... I will stick with my RS for the time being.  

Pages: [1]   Go Up