Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do I copy the tone and colour from one image to other images exactly ?  (Read 9048 times)

rwphoto

Here's the question . I have photographed a sculpture and manipulated the colour to a point where the artist is happy . I will call this the hero image . I have gone on shooting similar sculptures over a few days,moving lights,even studios one with high ceiling with available light creeping in to a low ceiling studio with no available light . How do I make all the images match exactly the colour and tone of the hero image ?

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography

Quote from: rwphoto
How do I make all the images match exactly the colour and tone of the hero image ?
In Capture One you can copy & paste the adjustments you made in the raw hero image to any/all other images. Look under the Edit menu for copy & paste commands.

This, of course, won't produce images that match "exactly" because your scene & set changed. The only way to get exact matches is with meticulous work in Photoshop.
~ CB

Jack Flesher

• www.getdpi.com

On Mac: With your main image selected do a CMD+Shift+C, then navigate to your target image (or images) and with it (them) all selected, do a CMD+Shift+V. I assume on PC it will be CTRL+Shift+C/V...

Cheers,
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:26:32 pm by Jack Flesher »
Jack
[url=http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/

tho_mas

Quote from: rwphoto
I have gone on shooting similar sculptures over a few days,moving lights,even studios one with high ceiling with available light creeping in to a low ceiling studio with no available light . How do I make all the images match exactly the colour and tone of the hero image ?
I assume you are not just asking how to copy an adjustment (i.e. values). You are asking how you can make the sculptures look equally (within the realms of possibility) although you've shot them under different lighting conditions, right?
The "skin tone" tool may help a lot here. "Skin tone" is actually a white balance tool. But you can also use it to adjust a certain color (within limitations, of course).
If the scultptures are out of, say, sandstone you certainly want to reproduce the same tone of the sandstone first. So pick a tone of the sandstone with the skin tone tool (first select "create new") and apply the skin tone (i.e. that color tone) by clicking on an similar area of the sandstone in another image. Capture One now applys a white balance to that second image by adjusting the selected tone to match the picked "skin tone".
You have to play around a little bit to get used to it but actually it works quite well exactly for the color consistency you are trying to achieve here.
Once the tone of the sculpures is equal (at least similar) you can go on to adjust the rest (contrast etc.).
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:58:23 pm by tho_mas »

Paul2660

• Photos of Arkansas

You can also just use the up arrow to copy and then select you next image and hit the down arrow.  Arrows are in the upper right corner.

Paul Caldwell
Paul Caldwell
Little Rock, Arkansas U.S.
www.photosofarkansas.com

Bob Rockefeller

• macOS, iOS, OM Systems, Epson P800
    • Bob Rockefeller

You can also just use the up arrow to copy and then select you next image and hit the down arrow.  Arrows are in the upper right corner.

Paul Caldwell

Which is a great idea for custom keyboard shortcuts (if you don't use "Select First" nor "Select Last" often).
Bob Rockefeller
Midway, GA   www.bobrockefeller.com

bjanes

Here's the question . I have photographed a sculpture and manipulated the colour to a point where the artist is happy . I will call this the hero image . I have gone on shooting similar sculptures over a few days,moving lights,even studios one with high ceiling with available light creeping in to a low ceiling studio with no available light . How do I make all the images match exactly the colour and tone of the hero image ?

Simply copying and pasting the raw converter settings won't work if the exposure and illumination are different, but this would be a way to start the process. Photoshop has a match color command. See the PS online help for how to use this tool (assuming you use Photoshop).

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up