Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need help with Eyelike  (Read 1807 times)

GMohrs

Need help with Eyelike
« on: March 11, 2010, 04:02:28 pm »

I find myself in desperate need of assistance and I'm hoping there is someone out there who is running this set-up. I'm trying to get my Eyelike M22 set up and working on a Sinar P 4x5. The manual that came with it covers using the back with medium format cameras exclusively. There is no mention of how I would sync the back with my Rollei lens control unit. I can't even seem to get a capture by syncing with a mechanical shutter. I can open the lens and get a live preview with the software, but so far that's all I've figured out how to do. It's quite frustrating, especially since I've been working with Leaf digital backs on Sinar 4x5's for the past 14 years. Perhaps it's something as trivial as a bad PC cord? If anybody is running a similar set-up, I'd love to get some guidance or advice from you.

P.S. I welcome all comments regarding the Rollei lens control vs. the Sinar Expolux. I have been attempting to set this up with the rollei lens control, but I have two lenses leftover from an old DCBII system that used the expolux tri-color shutter, therefore picking up a Expolux XT shutter would be worth my while as well - especially if it's a better match for my Eyelike.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Need help with Eyelike
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 04:10:23 pm »

I have used an Eyelike with my lenscontrol S. You need 2 cables from the Lenscontrol S for doing multishots. The sync cable which goes from the lenscontrol S sync port to the Eyelike sync port as well as the datacable that goes from one of the Lenscontrols data ports (on the top frontside) to the bottom of the Eyelike.

I have the latter cable and would be willing to sell it to you since I have no use for it. The cable is new and only used for less than 10 shots.

You than only need to find the sync cable. With just the sync cable you can do single shots only.

BTW, the Lenscontrol & the Eyelike work really well together. They did for me. The reason I got rid of the Eyelike was because I could not use it in a normal way with one of my H bodies.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:12:54 pm by Dustbak »

GMohrs

Need help with Eyelike
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 11:25:44 pm »

Thanks for the reply Dustbak. I am interested in that cable that you have. A question about the other sync cable you mentioned. Is that just a standard PC to PC cable?

Quote from: Dustbak
I have used an Eyelike with my lenscontrol S. You need 2 cables from the Lenscontrol S for doing multishots. The sync cable which goes from the lenscontrol S sync port to the Eyelike sync port as well as the datacable that goes from one of the Lenscontrols data ports (on the top frontside) to the bottom of the Eyelike.

I have the latter cable and would be willing to sell it to you since I have no use for it. The cable is new and only used for less than 10 shots.

You than only need to find the sync cable. With just the sync cable you can do single shots only.

BTW, the Lenscontrol & the Eyelike work really well together. They did for me. The reason I got rid of the Eyelike was because I could not use it in a normal way with one of my H bodies.

Dustbak

• Pepperanddust
Need help with Eyelike
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 02:12:48 am »

No, it is standard at the side that goes into the lenscontrol S but not into the eyelike. I have attached an image of that Eyelike. The red arrow points to where the data cable cable goes (I needed to point that out to get the data cable). The one next to it (not the firewire port obviously ) is where the sync cable goes to. The last is the sync-out.

It is the same cable, AFAIK, as the Sinar 54. You should be able to order that sync cable at a Sinar dealer. You need the sync cable, nothing will work without it, besides opening up the lens and have live view but what is the point of that when you can't operate and sync the shutter with the back?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 02:15:51 am by Dustbak »

GMohrs

Need help with Eyelike
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 01:09:29 pm »

Thanks again, Dustbak! You're really helping me understand how this all works. I have a few calls out to locate the sync cable. In the meantime if you want to send me details about your data cable and what you'd like to sell it for, just send me a PM or reply here.
Thanks again!
-Greg

Quote from: Dustbak
No, it is standard at the side that goes into the lenscontrol S but not into the eyelike. I have attached an image of that Eyelike. The red arrow points to where the data cable cable goes (I needed to point that out to get the data cable). The one next to it (not the firewire port obviously ) is where the sync cable goes to. The last is the sync-out.

It is the same cable, AFAIK, as the Sinar 54. You should be able to order that sync cable at a Sinar dealer. You need the sync cable, nothing will work without it, besides opening up the lens and have live view but what is the point of that when you can't operate and sync the shutter with the back?
Pages: [1]   Go Up