Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Next Best Thing Since Sliced Bread  (Read 1871 times)

ixpressraf

The Next Best Thing Since Sliced Bread
« on: March 11, 2010, 03:05:38 pm »

Today I have been playing aound with a prototype of the Hartbleicam by Hartblei. As I was using the 17mm fully 12mm shifted on a 16Mpix back it was a pitty that i cuold not close the apperture. These images are made fully opened and full shifted on the Canon 17mm TS lens. To me this new toy is the very first thing i will be investing in. In a couple of weeks iI will recieve a fully functional version on wich I can fully control the apperture. Settings on the camera are also very easy in use and the motorized sliding back works just perfect. Focussing is also much easier than on my 5Dmk2 and 1DsMk2. This is to me indeed the very next best thing ever since sliced bread and will probably become my bread and butter camera.  

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:50:05 pm »

Just a fun technical note, if you put the lens on a Canon body (e.g. 5D mark 2) and hold the DOF preview button to stop the lens down and then eject the battery the aperture will stay stopped down.

I have no idea if that's bad for the lens, and of course it's much harder to focus/compose at f/11 than wide open! But when you have no other option (like having a pre-production body without the ability to stop down the lens)...

Doug Peterson
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up
RSS Feed: Subscribe
Buy Capture One at 10% off
Personal Work

ixpressraf

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:01:14 pm »

Well i thought of that to but the lenses are a bit pricy to perform that test on it. And indeed, focussing would become much more difficult. As for the lens performance wide open i was really surpriced. It will be much better stopped down but that I can comment on in a couple of weeks.

archivue

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:52:16 pm »

i prefer french baguette and arca RM3D myself ;-)

ixpressraf

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 01:46:53 am »

yep, I also loved the Rm3d.... but I don't have that camera anymore.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up