Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Mirex T/S adapter for Pentax 645 lenses  (Read 5700 times)

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
New Mirex T/S adapter for Pentax 645 lenses
« on: March 11, 2010, 11:02:24 am »

http://www.mirex-adapter.de/tilt_shift_adapter.htm

I posted this over at FM but I know some people here also use the Mirex.

I've been using a prototype adapter to fit Pentax 645 lenses onto the Mirex Mamiya 645 T/S adapter (for EOS).
Mirex has finally released a version that looks like a full adapter (not an intermediate adapter like I have).

rickk

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 03:26:15 pm »

Hi Mike,

Thanks for that news. What was the source of your prototype adapter for Pentax to Mamiya?
I've been using Mirex adapters for both EOS and alpha mount bodies and have an adapter for the Pentax lenses, but the aperture can't be adjusted, so I leave the lens at f/11 and hope to see enough to focus. Not exactly ideal, so I'm interested in a better adapter for the Pentax lenses without purchasing another Mirex (yet).

Regards,

Rick

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 04:47:10 pm »

Quote from: rickk
Hi Mike,

Thanks for that news. What was the source of your prototype adapter for Pentax to Mamiya?
I've been using Mirex adapters for both EOS and alpha mount bodies and have an adapter for the Pentax lenses, but the aperture can't be adjusted, so I leave the lens at f/11 and hope to see enough to focus. Not exactly ideal, so I'm interested in a better adapter for the Pentax lenses without purchasing another Mirex (yet).

Regards,

Rick
It was a protoype from Mirex (I made some measurements and asked if they could make something like this to be attached to their T/S adapter).  

The piece I have, which is an intermediate adapter attached to a Mamiya T/S adapter, was made to use a small steel clip to keep the control ring and aperture tab moving together.  It didn't work though.  The FA lens has a slanted tab while the manual lenses had uptight tabs, so the clip would not stay on the 35mm FA I wanted to use it with.  Mirex sent me an interim solution, a small set of elastic bands that simply tension the aperture tab.  It's not ideal but it works OK.

They sent me a photo of the new style, newly engineered with what looks like an embedded spring to connect the ring control to the aperture tab (or perhaps just tension the aperture tab).  I hope they will be upgrading mine soon.

I hope you can follow what I said...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 04:48:50 pm by mcbroomf »

rickk

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 05:38:33 pm »

Hi Mike,

Aha!  Rubber bands!  Good idea. The 35 mm FA is the Pentax lens I've been using most with the Mirex and kludgy mount adapter.
For other focal lengths, the Mamiya lenses seem great.  Many thanks.

Rick

vandevanterSH

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 06:38:06 pm »

I recently received the Mirex T-S adapter for Hasselblad/Nikon...it is a fine piece of German machine shop work and works well.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up