Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Saving print settings  (Read 920 times)

John Sarsgard

Saving print settings
« on: March 10, 2010, 02:48:43 pm »

Not sure it matters, but I'm using Photoshop CS3 on a Mac and printing on an Epson 3800.  I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I've asked it on other forums and not learned much.  How do I get Photoshop, or whoever ought to remember, to remember print settings, printer color management, and paper configuration?  The presets, which I use for the paper I'm using, seem pretty much useless.  I'd love to have the system remember at least these three things for each paper type.  At least in my environment, this all happens in the last dialog before one prints.  Thanks.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Saving print settings
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 04:05:37 pm »

Quote from: John Sarsgard
Not sure it matters, but I'm using Photoshop CS3 on a Mac and printing on an Epson 3800.  I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I've asked it on other forums and not learned much.  How do I get Photoshop, or whoever ought to remember, to remember print settings, printer color management, and paper configuration?  The presets, which I use for the paper I'm using, seem pretty much useless.  I'd love to have the system remember at least these three things for each paper type.  At least in my environment, this all happens in the last dialog before one prints.  Thanks.
After you print your image, do you save the file?

Most of the time if you save the file, everything will be the same when you open it back up.  Some don't save it, thinking they haven't modified the image since it was saved last.  If you save it, Photoshop will at least give you all of the settings in it's print dialog box including the color management choices as well as the printer, paper size and print size and orientation (if the printer you used is available)

As far as paper presets they indeed do seem quirky, although I've found after moving to Snow Leopard if you reset the mac's printing system, then things seem to work as advertised.  Before it seemed you had to resave the paper preset for every size of paper, but now it seems once I create a paper preset, it consistently gives me the same settings now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up