Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP officjet j6410 - cannot turn off color management and profiling  (Read 1318 times)

emann

Hi to all,

I would like some help with regards to profiling my situation as described below:

My printer is the HP Officejet J6410 all-in-one model and I have a HPLP2475W IPS panel monitor on Win XP. I would like to profile my printer and from the various reviews I read on spyder, colormunki, etc, it is specified that Color Management in the printer should be turned to off. In the tab of my printer for this control I do not have any means to turn this off and infact I can only see two options which are either colorsmart/sRGB or Adobe RGB (1998). I have confirmed that this cannot be turned to off also with HP support.  I have the latest driver from HP installed on my computer and use Photoshop CS3 to process my photos.

Can you kindly advise if there is any workaround for such a situation and what settings shall I leave during profiling and then during printing in the color management of PS...always keeping in mind that printer color management cannot be turned to off.

Look forward to your reply

Emann

Ernst Dinkla

HP officjet j6410 - cannot turn off color management and profiling
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 11:52:29 am »

Quote from: emann
Can you kindly advise if there is any workaround for such a situation and what settings shall I leave during profiling and then during printing in the color management of PS...always keeping in mind that printer color management cannot be turned to off.

Emann

I have an Officejet K5400 and checked what the possibilities are there too for another reason. Even less as it only gives sRGB as a reference.
The printer driver does the CM itself I guess and relies on LUTs for the HP papers it expects, it also expects the image files with sRGB assigned I think.
So a reasonable print will be possible with the conditions sketched.

There's no way to make a CM Off setting. Maybe you could print the target with sRGB assigned, create the profile and do a P2P conversion with that profile on an image in Photoshop and assign sRGB again to that image before sending it to the driver. Or in your case with AdobeRGB instead of sRGB. The correction is done within sRGB or AdobeRGB so more limited but it might work. Could also be that I'm way off on CM logic with this method.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Dinkla Gallery Canvas Wrap Actions for Photoshop
http://www.pigment-print.com/dinklacanvaswraps/index.htm

emann

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 02:34:23 am »

There's no way to make a CM Off setting. Maybe you could print the target with sRGB assigned, create the profile and do a P2P conversion with that profile on an image in Photoshop and assign sRGB again to that image before sending it to the driver. Or in your case with AdobeRGB instead of sRGB. The correction is done within sRGB or AdobeRGB so more limited but it might work. Could also be that I'm way off on CM logic with this method.

thank you for the reply.

Just to be sure I am understanding the workflow suggested (as I am very green on this printing thing), could you please confirm the below:

Print target image using photoshop color management off and using printer color management set to AdobeRGB.

Then I do not understand what is P2P conversion and how do I finish the profiling of the printer before I try a print of a photo?

Thank you for your help.

Emann

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 02:55:36 am »

There's a private message on its way.

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/
Pages: [1]   Go Up