Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canvas for Epson 3800  (Read 1438 times)

OleValdal

• http://www.olevaldal.no
Canvas for Epson 3800
« on: March 09, 2010, 06:03:44 pm »

I´ve been trying out the Breathing Colour Lyve canvas following coating with Glamour II, and I´m very satisfied with the results.

However, there is a fair amount of work with the coating process, and it adds to the price both for expenses and time used. Some customers think the final price becomes a bit high.

I was thinking of also offering a fairly cheaper alternative, if I could find a canvas that gives good results and usable longevity without coating after print. I´d want a canvas with a semigloss surface, good detail and dark black(good contrast).

Was considering buying a roll of Epsons own Premium Canvas Satin, but could not find a profile for the 3800. I´d need a canvas with available profiles since I do not do my own profiling as of today.

Randy Carone

Canvas for Epson 3800
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:05:16 pm »

There is no Epson profile for canvas on the 3800 because they don't recommend using the 3800 for canvas printing. I have printed canvas sheets on my 3800 using the front feeder and a custom profile. Canson has a profile for their canvas on a 3800, as does Hahnemuhle. There may be others if you dig a bit.
Randy Carone

mshowe

Canvas for Epson 3800
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 01:00:14 am »

I print on PremierArt Generations Satin Canvas and feed from the back feed slot,Eric Chan made the profile for me,the profile and the price for the profile is great on the 3800.
Pages: [1]   Go Up