Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Safe to upgrade yet  (Read 1283 times)

Clearair

Safe to upgrade yet
« on: March 09, 2010, 03:00:35 pm »

Hello

Same as post on printing forum but no response.

I run a Mac Pro duel Xeon quad core, OS Leopard, Aperture 2 and Photoshop cs3 which works fine.

I want to upgrade to Snow Leopard and aperture 3 but NOT cs4!!

I was hoping that this way round I would avoid some of the problems others have experienced. I use a Canon plugin for Photoshop, printing on a Canon with updated drivers iPF6100 and use only the paper canned profiles from Hahnemuhle etc etc. I have not found the need to make profiles.

I use Eizo monitors and calibration software updated.

So far this works very reliably.

Maybe I should try Aperture upgrade only

Any thoughts

Regards

Simon J.A. Simpson

Safe to upgrade yet
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 01:30:16 pm »

Quote from: Clearair
Hello

Same as post on printing forum but no response.

I run a Mac Pro duel Xeon quad core, OS Leopard, Aperture 2 and Photoshop cs3 which works fine.

I want to upgrade to Snow Leopard and aperture 3 but NOT cs4!!

I was hoping that this way round I would avoid some of the problems others have experienced. I use a Canon plugin for Photoshop, printing on a Canon with updated drivers iPF6100 and use only the paper canned profiles from Hahnemuhle etc etc. I have not found the need to make profiles.

I use Eizo monitors and calibration software updated.

So far this works very reliably.

Maybe I should try Aperture upgrade only

Any thoughts

Regards

Hmmm.  A lot of questions.

We'll all have to go to Snow Leopard sometime soon, it's just a question of time.

My own upgrade strategy is to have an internal 'mirror' of my hard-disk (or a partition) and upgrade that (or do a clean install and use Migration Assistant to migrate across).  That way you have a working system to go back to (on another internal drive) - should any problems arise; and you can test each part of your system bit by bit without compromising your ability to carry-on working.  In this way you can eliminate potential problems with the software and printer you mention above, one by one.

I've just bought a Macbook Pro (what a wonderful machine !) with Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and am gradually testing it for compatibility.  So far so good.  It's been a very smooth transition with all working as required (crosses fingers).  The new printer interface is a delight to use (much simpler and less user-error prone !).

I hope this helps.
Pages: [1]   Go Up