Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: website re-launched ...  (Read 3485 times)

Jeremy Payne

website re-launched ...
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:53:59 pm »

The site got a bit of a makeover, but the real meat of the release is content.

I've finally completed processing and organizing the last three years work into 13 folios and organize it as such on the new site ... please come see ... many new images and finally some structure and organization.  It feels good to complete this task which has been 6 months in the making.

http://photography.jeremypayne.net

DarkPenguin

website re-launched ...
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 09:50:20 pm »

Qwest broadband hates your website.

Jeremy Payne

website re-launched ...
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:07:36 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Qwest broadband hates your website.
Still?  I was really, really, really hoping you weren't gonna say that.

That blows.  I am gonna change hosting providers, but I still haven't done it yet.

I was kinda hoping that whatever routing issue was going on was temporary ... seems that was wishful thinking.

How slow is the very first page?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
website re-launched ...
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:35:58 pm »

Works nice and fast for me, and I like the simple, elegant design.

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
website re-launched ...
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 10:42:05 pm »

Very nice works fine for me.
Some very nice images.
Les

DarkPenguin

website re-launched ...
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 11:01:11 pm »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
Still?  I was really, really, really hoping you weren't gonna say that.

That blows.  I am gonna change hosting providers, but I still haven't done it yet.

I was kinda hoping that whatever routing issue was going on was temporary ... seems that was wishful thinking.

How slow is the very first page?

The first page showed up in a minute or so.  The about popped up in a hurry.  Say three thumbnails but never a full image in about a full Family Guy episode.

It could be my setup.  I'm a little tempted to get hold of Qworsts tech support.

Jeremy Payne

website re-launched ...
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 11:12:04 pm »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
The first page showed up in a minute or so.  The about popped up in a hurry.  Say three thumbnails but never a full image in about a full Family Guy episode.

It could be my setup.  I'm a little tempted to get hold of Qworsts tech support.

That's nuts ... pretty sure that first page is about 100KB.

DarkPenguin

website re-launched ...
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 11:22:09 pm »

I haven't had any other issues so I'm really curious what this could be...

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
website re-launched ...
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 03:31:33 am »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
The site got a bit of a makeover, but the real meat of the release is content.

I've finally completed processing and organizing the last three years work into 13 folios and organize it as such on the new site ... please come see ... many new images and finally some structure and organization.  It feels good to complete this task which has been 6 months in the making.

http://photography.jeremypayne.net
It's good. Very quick to load and navigate. Clean design. Beautiful images.

Just a couple of points. First, the arrow keys work for navigation, which is excellent. However, after choosing a portfolio from the menu, it's necessary to click once before it will respond to keystrokes. This may be a feature of SimpleViewer and beyond your control but it's worth investigating.

Second, it still seems to me that you're wasting some screen space. The design fits onto the screen of my MacBook Pro, which is good, but you could make the main images a little larger without affecting it. The space leading across from your name at the left seems never to be used. Others may disagree but it seems to me that, within limits, the larger you make the main images the better: they're what you're trying to sell, after all.

Jeremy
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 03:32:03 am by kikashi »

LoisWakeman

website re-launched ...
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2010, 04:35:37 am »

Very nice - clean and throws the emphasis on the images, as it should. They are very pleasing.

I too found the folio pages impossibly slow as when I last reported (I only have a 2GB connection, but even so. 2-3 mins to load the thumbnail previews then another minute or longer wait to see the full sized images - none will show until all the thumbnails have finished showing their download bars (presumably the full sized versions?) - in Firefox 3.5.8)

I did find the third person 'about' just a touch pretentious, especially as you revert to the first person singular in the last sentence - needs to be quoted really to make it seem consistent. And first person plural on the buying and contact pages. Sorry to be such a pedant, but you did ask :-)

ognita

website re-launched ...
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2010, 05:35:52 am »

I can't get in.
But then again, I'm in Beijing

tokengirl

website re-launched ...
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2010, 06:32:42 am »

Quote from: LoisWakeman
I did find the third person 'about' just a touch pretentious, especially as you revert to the first person singular in the last sentence - needs to be quoted really to make it seem consistent. And first person plural on the buying and contact pages. Sorry to be such a pedant, but you did ask :-)

Ditto here, the grammar issues are the only ones I have.

The site loaded fast, all the links worked, it's a nice clean look, and there's a bunch of great photos.  I especially enjoyed the underwater & dreams folios.

fredjeang

website re-launched ...
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2010, 07:24:57 am »

Great site Jeremy.
I specially like the pureness and sofisticated white. This does not distract from your pictures.
Simple viewer is great, you can also navigate with it with the keyboard's arrow keys wich is very usefull.
Some great series also.

being "pointy", the little details that I found disturbing where:
-when mouse-over the copyright text. I thing it distract and it is not necessary really. On your name it is more logical and drive to the home.
-If possible, that would be great to move away a little more the slides from the image. To me, the image and the slide are very closed and
I would enjoy more the big size image if it was a little more isolated.

Loading was fast, no problem of compatibility.
Well done Jeremy.

Cheers,

Fred.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
website re-launched ...
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:54:17 am »

Jeremy, I'm having the same problem Dark Penguin's having. I don't understand it. In Colorado I use Qwest for my DSL. Down here in Florida I use what used to be Sprint, but it changes its name about every week and I've lost track of what they're calling themselves at the moment. I'll be back in Colorado early in May and I'll try from there. I did hang in there long enough to get a feel for what the site is like, and I like what I saw.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

seamus finn

website re-launched ...
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 02:09:51 pm »

No problems here (Ireland)

Seamus
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:10:15 pm by seamus finn »

Chris_T

francois

website re-launched ...
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:32:36 am »

Although I'm at home on a slow ADSL connection, the site loads very fast and navigation is quick.
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up