Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: lasermeter  (Read 1807 times)

archivue

lasermeter
« on: March 07, 2010, 08:43:32 pm »

I'm looking for a lasermeter for photographic purpose (mainly architecture photography).

While the Leica D5 with is screen seems gorgeous but expensive, the Bosch DLE70 seems to be a good product for the price... but i still don't know if the DLE70 is usuable outside !
Any ideas of the best bang for bucks lasermeter for photographer ?

adammork

lasermeter
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:18:16 am »

Quote from: archivue
I'm looking for a lasermeter for photographic purpose (mainly architecture photography).

While the Leica D5 with is screen seems gorgeous but expensive, the Bosch DLE70 seems to be a good product for the price... but i still don't know if the DLE70 is usuable outside !

I had the old version of the Bosch and now use the Leica D5 - if it's possible at all, go for the Leica, the camera does all difference....

Usability of the Bosch inside is kind of ok, depending on the light level, but outside it's really not good - you can't see the laser dot, unless it's dark or very close.

The Leica D5 is a real joy to use compared to the Bosch - the camera with the crosshair makes it as useable outside as inside - no more: where the f... is that little red spot!

/adam

archivue

lasermeter
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:35:37 am »

i've find a new chalLenger for the Disto 5... Bosch GLM 250 VF
it includes an optical viewfinder... for half the price of the Disto 5.

any user experience ?

Bart_van_der_Wolf

lasermeter
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 10:23:59 am »

Quote from: archivue

I've been using a Disto A5 for years now, and I like it a lot. Distance range is, as always, a function of ambient light level and reflectiveness of the surface one aims at, but I can get reliable measurements on brick walls at say 50 metres / 150 feet distance on an overcast day, more on bright surfaces or with darker weather. For those distances a built in viewfinder is mandatory, the A5 has an optical (crosshairs) only one, the D5 uses an LCD display which is even nicer.

Operation is rock solid, and the splash water resistance makes it more versatile when planning a setup prior to exposing the camera to the elements. Should my A5 ever need replacing, it's probably going to be the more expensive D5.

If you want to save some money, you can also look at some of the other Disto models.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 10:25:31 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==
Pages: [1]   Go Up