Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unexpected End of File Error  (Read 3993 times)

adam_j

Unexpected End of File Error
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »

Hey all,
  Wondering if you can help me with a problem I ran into today, when I imported some images from shooting today I got the message "Unexpected End of File Error" when I click on some of the images.  Most of the images from the day are good but a few seem to be bad, this is not only a LR problem but I'm hoping some others have seen this error in the past and may be able to help.

I was shooting a Olympus E-P2 with a Kingston SD card.

I've attached a screenshot of the image viewed from Apple Preview

[attachment=20722:P3060181.ORF.jpg]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:33:00 pm by adam_j »

DarkPenguin

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:31:14 am »

Sounds like the files were truncated.  You might consider trying to copy them again.  Or at least check that file sizes on the card  are the same as the copied files.

David Hufford

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 04:30:41 am »

Quote from: DarkPenguin
Sounds like the files were truncated.  You might consider trying to copy them again.  Or at least check that file sizes on the card  are the same as the copied files.

I have had that error a few times and it has always been due to a card error. I'd do as suggested and check the file size. I have not been able to recover a file with such an error.
*Never fall in love with anything that c

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 08:37:50 am »

Also check your card reader, try another one or try an import from your camera.

Mike

DarkPenguin

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 11:37:50 am »

I would certainly question the card or reader.  One or both would be retired.

Ronny Nilsen

• The Quiet Landscape
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 12:55:33 pm »

Quote from: adam_j
Hey all,
  Wondering if you can help me with a problem I ran into today, when I imported some images from shooting today I got the message "Unexpected End of File Error" when I click on some of the images.  Most of the images from the day are good but a few seem to be bad, this is not only a LR problem but I'm hoping some others have seen this error in the past and may be able to help.

I was shooting a Olympus E-P2 with a Kingston SD card.

I've attached a screenshot of the image viewed from Apple Preview

[attachment=20722:P3060181.ORF.jpg]

Looks like the same problem I had with Kingston CF cards in my old Canon 20D. Have never used Kingston since, and never seen the problem repeated.

Ronny
Ronny A. Nilsen
www.ronnynilsen.com

DarkPenguin

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2010, 01:02:21 pm »

Quote from: Ronny Nilsen
Looks like the same problem I had with Kingston CF cards in my old Canon 20D. Have never used Kingston since, and never seen the problem repeated.

Ronny

It seems to me that I had occasional issues with my 20D and my kingston cards.  Only in cold weather, tho.  So I kind of assumed it was a connector issue.  The same cards have been flawless in my Xti and 40D.

adam_j

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:25 am »

thanks all, I used the same card reader many many times without issue so I am going to leave that out for the time being.  I am going to assume the card for now and pick up a replacement in the next few days to be sure.

Appreciate all the help.
Adam
Pages: [1]   Go Up