Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: P40+ and Capture One 5.0.1 question  (Read 1626 times)

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
P40+ and Capture One 5.0.1 question
« on: March 05, 2010, 11:44:28 pm »

Have been fortunate enough to get a loaner PhaseOne 645 DF,P40+ and a few PhaseOne lenses for the weekend to evaluate.
Unfortunately I left without taking a manual of any sorts and the dealer is now closed for the weekend.

Most is pretty intuitive  but there are a few things  that i could use some help with.

First off, how do I insert the acetate mask into the viewfinder of the camera so that I don't have to shoot/recompose and waste valuable battery resources ?
Doesn't seem like the prism detaches from this camera.

My overall needs are prioritized at about  90% f11-16 sharp and clean and about 10% f2.8 bokeh wet dreams

First few dozen files with 28,80 Schneider, and 120 macro show no lack of fine detail that I crave.

As I got the camera late, a fair percentage of the outdoor tests I did were in the exposure range of 5 sec to a little over a minute @ iso 100

One oddity, so far, is that a couple of the 1 minute exposure frames are very clean with only a few fine white speckles appearing in dark, continuous tones
 while some much shorter exposure times have a much higher number of white spots to the point that it would become apparent in a mid size print

Not all the exposures had the black frame exposure applied after shooting so am wondering if this is a reason for the discrepancy.

Downloaded and installed the demo of Cap One 5.0.1 on two machines-one at work and one at home and have a question.

The home installation has a few menu items missing that were present in the studio installation.

Under the focus tab (magnifying glass) I am missing the section for advanced noise reduction.
I am completely missing the tab for lens adjustments (vignetting,chromatic aberration slider,etc)
In the curves window I am missing the separate red,green, and blue channel option

How do I go about revealing these tools ?

Thanks in advance,
Mark

www.marktomalty.com

tmx3

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 03:25:02 am »

mark i can't answer all your questions but with regard to tools i might be able to. Is there a grey triangle, followed by "Noise reduction" etc? - if so click on it and the tool will expand. If not and the tool is completely missing collapse the exisiting palletes and ctrl click on the blank space > add tool, and you can customise the tab to your hearts content. Otherwise to completely reset  everything go window>workspace>default

BJNY

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 04:09:49 am »

Quote from: mtomalty
First off, how do I insert the acetate mask into the viewfinder of the camera so that I don't have to shoot/recompose and waste valuable battery resources ?
Doesn't seem like the prism detaches from this camera.

How do I go about revealing these tools ?

Access focusing screen as you would with Canon, Nikon....through the lens mount.
Download manual here.

Add/Remove tools by Control-clicking or Right-clicking in the blank area below other tools.
Guillermo

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:54 am »

Your dealer doesn't take calls on the weekend? :-p

I'd suggest leaving the mask out. Putting it in isn't rocket science but if it's your first time it's nice to watch someone do it; it's easy to scratch or urge the focus screen. If you do it make sure to do it somewhere very clean and take your time.

dark frames are usually captured when the shutter speed changes. If you shoot two five second frames in a row the second frame will not usually take a dark frame. Things like this keep changing with each model and each firmware and even I have trouble keeping up! Likely the variaition you saw was due more to the automaticjoise rduction settings applied in capture one.

Sounds to me like your advanced tools are missing because you are running the software in the wrong mode. In the license menu select to "use capture one db" or "try capture one PRO" (default is try capture one (non pro basic version lacking advanced tools).

mtomalty

• http://www.marktomalty.com
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2010, 11:01:22 am »

Thanks everyone

Will use that information for good and not evil  :>))

Best,
Mark

P.S.-Doug, up here in Canada we don't have to work weekends  :>))

Joe Behar

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 06:19:35 pm »

Quote from: mtomalty
Thanks everyone

Will use that information for good and not evil  :>))

Best,
Mark

P.S.-Doug, up here in Canada we don't have to work weekends  :>))

Mark,

Not that I like to make a habit of it, but....

If you have trouble reaching John, shoot me a quick e mail and I'll give you call tonight or tomorrow.

Pages: [1]   Go Up