Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar m and 65LV  (Read 6967 times)

Christopher Arnoldi

• http://www.arnoldi-design.com
Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2010, 06:31:27 am »

Quote from: fredjeang
Does someone could post here a 100% detail jpeg sample taken with the M and Sinar back?

Here's a shot with Sinar m, Sinarback 54H and Sinaron AF 180 mm ZH. Overview and 1:1 detail.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 06:35:33 am by Christopher Arnoldi »

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2010, 06:37:42 am »

Does someone could post here a 100% detail jpeg sample taken with the M and Sinar back?

Here's a shot with the Sinar m with Sinarback eMotion 54LV and Sinaron AF 40 mm ZH.

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2010, 06:42:35 am »

Here's a shot with the Sinar m with Sinarback eMotion 54LV and Sinaron AF 120 mm ZH.

edwinb

• http://www.image2output.com
Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2010, 06:53:19 am »

Edwin Blenkinsopp
Technical Manager
image2output
m:  +44 (0) 7836 674749
e: edwin@image2output.com
w: Sinar |  Foba |Inkjet

evgeny

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2010, 07:21:22 am »

Quote from: David Klepacki
The only supported backs for the M camera are from Sinar (except for their 65LV, I think).  Currently, the maximum sensor from Sinar is 33MP.  If you need more resolution, you will need to machine your own adapter plate, which is fairly easy to do.  You can build a dumb adapter plate (ie, no electronics) and simply attach a PC sync cable from the M sync port on the camera body to the sync port on the MFDB.   The M sync port can trigger a MFDB in the same way that a Hasselblad lens leaf shutter triggers a MFDB.  This will allow your M camera to trigger any MFDB that will trigger via PC sync.  Your shutter speed will be limited by the sync speed ability of the MFDB (anything higher than 1/500 may not be possible).

Hi David,
is it worth to make (and where?) an adapter for my Leaf 65, will it focus? It seems that Sinar is positioned as a camera builder, and will not make digital backs in the near future. What do you recommend for mobile use of Sinar M? Remember, I already have 54H. Regards

Christopher Arnoldi

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 07:38:32 am »

Here's a shot that I did to test the sharpness with Sinar m, Sinarback 54H and Sinaron AF 80 mm ZH. Overview and 1:1 detail.

The Sinaron AF 80 mm ZH is the only of the 4 lenses that is significant better than the Hasselblad/Zeiss 80 mm lens. The Sinaron AF 40/120/120 mm ZH are the same as the newest Hasselblad-V lenses.

fredjeang

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 07:41:44 am »

Thank you so much for the samples Christopher. This is serious gear! definitely. I really like the render kind of "germanic".
Sinar is now high on my list.

Cheers,

Fred.

David Klepacki

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 10:51:30 am »

Quote from: evgeny
Hi David,
is it worth to make (and where?) an adapter for my Leaf 65, will it focus? It seems that Sinar is positioned as a camera builder, and will not make digital backs in the near future. What do you recommend for mobile use of Sinar M? Remember, I already have 54H. Regards

First, there is no back on the market that will produce any higher resolution and image fidelity than the 54H when used in its 16-shot mode.  As you know, the 54H produces a full RGB color 88MP file in 16-shot mode that is even higher resolution than the 50MP file from the most recent 4-shot back H3D50-II.

Is it worth it to make an adapter for your Leaf 65?  I guess it depends on how much you love using that back.  Too few machinists have the equipment necessary to ensure the extremely tight tolerances.  The best approach is to machine a slightly thinner plate and then use shims to set the exact focusing.   Even Alpa, noted for their high precision engineering, supplies shims with their back adapters to allow photographers to adjust their focusing exactly, so this is not at all unusual (just time consuming).

Where to have this done?  I believe Son Pham is working on such a project for his own Sinar M cameras.  He does not use the Leaf 65, but you might want to contact him to see if he can help you.

evgeny

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 04:05:23 pm »

Quote from: David Klepacki
First, there is no back on the market that will produce any higher resolution and image fidelity than the 54H when used in its 16-shot mode.  As you know, the 54H produces a full RGB color 88MP file in 16-shot mode that is even higher resolution than the 50MP file from the most recent 4-shot back H3D50-II.

Is it worth it to make an adapter for your Leaf 65?  I guess it depends on how much you love using that back.  Too few machinists have the equipment necessary to ensure the extremely tight tolerances.  The best approach is to machine a slightly thinner plate and then use shims to set the exact focusing.   Even Alpa, noted for their high precision engineering, supplies shims with their back adapters to allow photographers to adjust their focusing exactly, so this is not at all unusual (just time consuming).

Where to have this done?  I believe Son Pham is working on such a project for his own Sinar M cameras.  He does not use the Leaf 65, but you might want to contact him to see if he can help you.

David, Christopher, thanks!
David, I think 54H with Sinar M is a unique tool. I will add an eMotion 75LV for mobile work, if I part with my core Contax 645 system (already sold two spare Contax lenses and one spare outfit, which I don't use).

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2010, 12:56:33 pm »

-And what about Sinar digital backs like the 65LV? it seems that they have a wide range of adapters. I do not know any user to ask for and reviews are rare.

edit --------I just saw the prices, they are crazy!!! not worth the interest?-----------but I'm surprised that we do not hear more about Sinar digital backs in the MFD forum. Wonder why.

Not sure if you refer to the eSprit 65 or Sinar M camera but the prices for the eSprit 65 I was quoted around the end of last year sounded quite "normal" to me:
- 10.194 euro for the eSprit 65 LV
- 484 euro for an adaptor to the Hy6 body, or 1.258 euro for the revolving adaptor to the Hy6 body
- 10.903 euro for the set body+back+revolving adaptor Sinar Hy6-s65r
- 17.355 euro for the same set + Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS, Schneider AFD S-Angulon 2.8/50 PQS and
Schneider AFD Tele-Xenar 2.8/180 PQ
(these were the prices quoted in Austria, and without VAT)
The set prices seem very good deals.

Pascal
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

fredjeang

Sinar m and 65LV
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2010, 01:14:18 pm »

Quote from: rolleiflexpages
Not sure if you refer to the eSprit 65 or Sinar M camera but the prices for the eSprit 65 I was quoted around the end of last year sounded quite "normal" to me:
- 10.194 euro for the eSprit 65 LV
- 484 euro for an adaptor to the Hy6 body, or 1.258 euro for the revolving adaptor to the Hy6 body
- 10.903 euro for the set body+back+revolving adaptor Sinar Hy6-s65r
- 17.355 euro for the same set + Schneider AFD Xenotar 2.8/80 PQS, Schneider AFD S-Angulon 2.8/50 PQS and
Schneider AFD Tele-Xenar 2.8/180 PQ
(these were the prices quoted in Austria, and without VAT)
The set prices seem very good deals.

Pascal
Correct Pascal.
I should have posted an edit. First I saw some really expensive prices in a shop in Spain, wich normally is a little cheaper, then with more research realized that the prices are normal.
Yes, the downside is that there is not a big second hand market. So seems that this is also an investment in that sense for the owner (less depreciation), but a limitation for buyers with less incomes.
-O, the guys who own Sinar do not sell them because they are happy
-O, there is a limited number of users
-O both.
My only concern is about if Sinar will keep going making these backs in the future. If they do not sell a lot of gear...

well, my need for an MFD is not for now but in a relative close future and I collect informations. But Sinar is brand that I really take on to consideration because I'm into building a LF system first, and as I see this grade of integration and modularity, is exactly the philosophy I'm looking for.

Cheers,

Fred.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up