Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to stop processing  (Read 16422 times)

Charles Beasley

• http://www.charlesphotography.com
How to stop processing
« on: March 03, 2010, 08:50:33 pm »

I have been lumbering along with v5 and still not up to speed with the new routines after many years with earlier versions.
I have read the user manual and can't find how to stop a que of files from processing once started. I had all the
images in a folder selected, then clicked on one thinking that would unselect the rest, and hit process. Then I clicked on another
and hit process, etc. for 4 or 5 images. Judging on the remaining time shown, I'm guessing that now all the images are in que to
be processed 4 or 5 times each. Not finding anyway to stop the processing, I have exited and relaunched CO, and the processing
starts again where it left off. I know in 3.7 and earlier there was a red x you could click to stop processing. Is there an equivalent in 5?
TIA

PS-before someone says to ask in the PO forum, I went there and their server must be down.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 08:52:02 pm by Charles Beasley »

Joe Behar

How to stop processing
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:42:11 pm »

Quote from: Charles Beasley
I have been lumbering along with v5 and still not up to speed with the new routines after many years with earlier versions.
I have read the user manual and can't find how to stop a que of files from processing once started. I had all the
images in a folder selected, then clicked on one thinking that would unselect the rest, and hit process. Then I clicked on another
and hit process, etc. for 4 or 5 images. Judging on the remaining time shown, I'm guessing that now all the images are in que to
be processed 4 or 5 times each. Not finding anyway to stop the processing, I have exited and relaunched CO, and the processing
starts again where it left off. I know in 3.7 and earlier there was a red x you could click to stop processing. Is there an equivalent in 5?
TIA

PS-before someone says to ask in the PO forum, I went there and their server must be down.

Go to the batch tool (the 3 gears icon), select the queue tab and click on "stop" at the bottom. once stopped, select the remaining images to be processed and delete them from the queue. Restart the batch.

Charles Beasley

How to stop processing
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 11:51:26 am »

Joe- Thank you, thank you, thank you!

At the risk of wearing out my welcome one other thing I haven't been able to find out how to do.
With 3.7 and prior you could go through a set of images and tag certain ones, and then have those tagged
moved to the top of the browser.

Is it true that you have to use the rankings instead of just tagging, and if so , can you have all of a certain ranking
move to the top of the browser.

TIA
Charles

Joe Behar

How to stop processing
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 12:20:57 pm »

Quote from: Charles Beasley
Joe- Thank you, thank you, thank you!

At the risk of wearing out my welcome one other thing I haven't been able to find out how to do.
With 3.7 and prior you could go through a set of images and tag certain ones, and then have those tagged
moved to the top of the browser.

Is it true that you have to use the rankings instead of just tagging, and if so , can you have all of a certain ranking
move to the top of the browser.

TIA
Charles

Charles,

Under the "View" menu, the first choice is "Sort" You can sort by any one of a number of criteria, including colour tags, so the answer to your question is no, you don't have to use rankings if you prefer colour tagging.

Charles Beasley

How to stop processing
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 12:22:15 pm »

Thanks again Joe!
Pages: [1]   Go Up