Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need to borrow a cup of wisdom about X-rite !!!  (Read 2304 times)

Studio2bn

Need to borrow a cup of wisdom about X-rite !!!
« on: February 27, 2010, 08:33:13 pm »

Newbie here....so any help would be very much appreciated...such a newbie that I think I posted my other question in the wrong place....

My question is:

I am a Photographer.....I run PC and I have an NEC 2690wuxi with SVII.....and use an Epson 9800.....I have been approached by several Artists to do some reproduction work for them...but I do not feel like I have  gotten to the level of understanding and would not be able to color manage my digital workflow to do Professional work at that level......I want to be able to Color Manage my workflow from my 2690wuxi....Epson 9800....scanner as well as my camera and get to the next level in Color Management......I have been looking at the X-Rite i1Xteme and my question is : Will I be able to use the X-rite i1Xtreme  with my 2690wuxi since it has built in LUT's ? Will the i1Xtreme interfere with anything within the monitor ?  System ? I just want to ask some of you pros before I start putting out that kind of money for a Pro Calibration system....Is there any problems I could run into and anything I have not realized in using the i1Xtreme with the equipment I have ??? And Would I need the UV Cut model since I DO NOT use a RIP ?

All of your input and help would be appreciated....

Thanks

J Michael
Studio2bn
Studio2bn@cox.net

Marco Ugolini

• http://
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 11:07:54 pm »

Quote from: Studio2bn
Newbie here....so any help would be very much appreciated...such a newbie that I think I posted my other question in the wrong place....

My question is:

I am a Photographer.....I run PC and I have an NEC 2690wuxi with SVII.....and use an Epson 9800.....I have been approached by several Artists to do some reproduction work for them...but I do not feel like I have  gotten to the level of understanding and would not be able to color manage my digital workflow to do Professional work at that level......I want to be able to Color Manage my workflow from my 2690wuxi....Epson 9800....scanner as well as my camera and get to the next level in Color Management......I have been looking at the X-Rite i1Xteme and my question is : Will I be able to use the X-rite i1Xtreme  with my 2690wuxi since it has built in LUT's ? Will the i1Xtreme interfere with anything within the monitor ?  System ? I just want to ask some of you pros before I start putting out that kind of money for a Pro Calibration system....Is there any problems I could run into and anything I have not realized in using the i1Xtreme with the equipment I have ??? And Would I need the UV Cut model since I DO NOT use a RIP ?

Thanks

J Michael
Studio2bn
Studio2bn@cox.net
Michael,

If you want to go pro with ICC color management, Extreme is for advanced amateurs, and as such it would not be the thing you'd want. For professional results, you should seriously consider going up a whole level and choose between ProfileMaker Pro and Monaco Profiler, both offered by XRite.

They are both excellent packages which offer high-quality results. Choosing between the two is a matter of personal preference, and as such it's difficult to offer a blank endorsement of one over the other. I can only say that I personally use ProfileMaker Pro, but I am not "married" to it, and I admit that Monaco Profiler presents features and levels of performance that seem attractive to me.

I suggest that you research and study up on both, then choose the one that you feel is more suited for your purposes.
Marco Ugolini

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 09:23:21 am »

my question is : Will I be able to use the X-rite i1Xtreme with my 2690wuxi since it has built in LUT's ?

Yes, the SpectraView software supports that instrument.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Studio2bn

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 12:00:33 pm »

Thanks Guys....I appreciate you taking your time to help out here......this is the advice I needed......with your help hopefully I can become a much better printer......

Thanks......

J Michael

probep

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:22:54 am »

My question is:

Thanks

J Michael
Studio2bn
Studio2bn@cox.net
What is the reason to buy i1 Xtreme? Buy i1Basic and use FREE ArgyllCMS or FREE ColorXact! It is much more powerful than eye-one match (bundled with Xtreme).
« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 09:36:36 am by probep »
Pages: [1]   Go Up