Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: WANTED - 800 Quality Landscape Photos  (Read 9775 times)

BobDavid

WANTED - 800 Quality Landscape Photos
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:48:03 pm »

Quote from: WaltBryger
Thanks Mark, but my work is of no concern as I am seeking imagery not opinions.  Artists are extremely unethical in terms of honoring copyrights and patents.  There is no way that I would trust any artist with my innovation or put my business at risk with an ongoing relationship with an artist, unless I have legal leverage....and the artist has something substantial to lose in court.  I have already agreed to purchase 126 photos from replies this morning and everything will go just fine when we get the documents executed next week.  If folks want to sell photos, then we will come to a legal and lucrative agreement.  If they want to steal my innovation, then they will want more information about my business.  Simple as that.

Love the way you label artists as unethical in terms of honoring copyrights and patents. Get a life bozo.

Brad Proctor

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 11:10:05 pm »

What a terrible looking website
Brad Proctor

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 06:41:26 am »

It seems that most of us would not want to do business with him... but does he pay real money for second rate MF pictures?

What do you do with the pictures you don't want to see your name on?
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

fredjeang

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 07:07:52 am »

I do not see what was so unique in that project, that looked like a C.I.A program,
and why he was so frightened those unethical bad photographers might want to rip off the idea    ??
What idea???

Ps: the site design is very kitsch, but I think it is on purpose. This kind of design target a specific audience
(guess wich) and they work! Sounds beyond belief but it works.

Interesting from the web: It is the responsibility of the Client to maintain a copy of the original files submitted to Swing Street Pier for the completion of the project.  Swing Street Pier is not liable for any accidental damage to any media supplied by the Client.  All media files supplied by the Client will become the property of Swing Street Pier.  Swing Street Pier has the right to store or dispose of these files without the obligation to supply a backup to the Client.

no comment...
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 07:54:44 am by fredjeang »

JoeKitchen

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 09:23:10 am »

Quote from: WaltBryger
Thanks Mark, but my work is of no concern as I am seeking imagery not opinions.  Artists are extremely unethical in terms of honoring copyrights and patents.  There is no way that I would trust any artist with my innovation or put my business at risk with an ongoing relationship with an artist, unless I have legal leverage....and the artist has something substantial to lose in court.  I have already agreed to purchase 126 photos from replies this morning and everything will go just fine when we get the documents executed next week.  If folks want to sell photos, then we will come to a legal and lucrative agreement.  If they want to steal my innovation, then they will want more information about my business.  Simple as that.

Well look at this, everything is spelled right and the grammar is correct.  I guess he really is a U.S. scam "artist."  Walt, scam artists are the unethical ones, not real artists.   This is got to be one the best ones I have ever heard.  We want your images and we are not going to tell you how we will be using them so maybe you will be getting a fair price but most likely not.  Dont expect us to tell you our company name because we do not want you following up.  Then the cherry on top:

"All media files supplied by the Client will become the property of Swing Street Pier."

So if you use any of the images given to us, expect to be sued by some company you never heard of.  Great deal, I wish I shot landscapes more.  
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 09:37:18 am »

Quote from: ckimmerle
Actually saw this post in the "for sale" section a few minutes ago and couldn't figure out why no one had yet responded. Didn't know it was posted here, as well. Glad to see you guys were on the ball.

The whole damned deal sounds like a giant rip-off.

Indeed! That he doesn't even specify the type of right he wants to buy makes me very suspicious. And in the off chance that it is legitimate, the poster really needs to understand that coming across in such a supercilious and arrogant manner is sure to turn most people off.

mmurph

• http://
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 11:24:35 am »

Quote from: fredjeang
I do not see what was so unique in that project, that looked like a C.I.A program,
and why he was so frightened those unethical bad photographers might want to rip off the idea    ??
What idea???

Printing on fabric panels for corporate and hotel clients?  

Pretty typical for Craigslist!

dentkimterry

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 02:48:30 pm »

Usually people that worry about being ripped off are big ripoff's themselves.

amsp

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 12:22:48 pm »

Quote from: bigalbest
LINKY

ROFL, the website has already been taken down. What a joke.

fredjeang

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 12:25:39 pm »

Quote from: amsp
ROFL, the website has already been taken down. What a joke.
No no...it is because his secret society has been discovered. We are in a KGB novel  
Wao...exciting!!!

pixjohn

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 01:04:58 pm »

This guy is so proud of his secret business model Google was nice enough to cache it for us.

Swing Street Pier Front Page
His Terms

The Secret Graphics Page
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 01:21:56 pm by pixjohn »

amsp

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:40 pm »

Quote from: pixjohn
This guy is so proud of his secret business model Google was nice enough to cache it for us.

Swing Street Pier Front Page
His Terms

The Secret Graphics Page

That's hilarious, don't think I've seen such a poorly designed website since 1995
The responses he got here makes me think of a good ol' fashioned tar & feathering, which is exactly what he deserved.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up