Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cascades  (Read 2024 times)

John R

Cascades
« on: February 24, 2010, 06:50:41 pm »

Visited Bellfountain and started to notice that falling water formed rhythmic patterns. So here a few with some made more dramatic by the BW conversion. The last, left in colour, has a purple-blue cast, but I like it that way.

JMR
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 07:56:42 pm by John R »

francois

Cascades
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 02:35:29 am »

John,
It's a very nice serie. I like the "rhythm" of falling water. The first one is a bit more abstract and mysterious than the two other images. In the second one, the bottom left corner adds realism and one can immediately and definitely identify the scene. The third (colored) image is different and I like the purple hue and the gold colored rock reflections behind the water curtain.
If I had to choose one, it would be the second one but only by a very slight marging.
Congrats!
Francois

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Cascades
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:51:38 am »

Quote from: John R
Visited Bellfountain and started to notice that falling water formed rhythmic patterns. So here a few with some made more dramatic by the BW conversion. The last, left in colour, has a purple-blue cast, but I like it that way.

JMR
For once, I'm going to vote for the colour shot. I agree that the slight cast is attractive.

Jeremy

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Cascades
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 10:13:29 am »

Quote from: kikashi
For once, I'm going to vote for the colour shot. I agree that the slight cast is attractive.

Jeremy

I like them all very much, but as a B&W fan I expected to choose one of the first two as my favorite, but I have to agree with Jeremy (except that I'd spell it "color" without the "u"   ). The subtle bits of the rocks showing through the water lift it to a new level.

Eric

P.S. It's uncanny how often I agree with Jeremy, but perhaps it's because I've perfected the technique of focusing my Long-range Mind Meld Beam Projector on Manchester.    

-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

John R

Cascades
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2010, 08:25:58 pm »

Thanks very much for the feedback everyone. I made some comments about shooting moving water on Stamper's "ice water" image. Some of these shots were experimental in nature and were taken as in-camera, multiple exposures. Very difficult without a remote or cable. Hand shutter release is NOT recommended. Every movement, even lens movement or vibration registered on the image. So if you want to try it, keep that in mind. I switched to manual focus when I started to hear the lens motor hunting back and forth.

JMR
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:26:36 pm by John R »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Cascades
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2010, 09:12:55 pm »

I like the middle one, but the colour is my preference as well.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t
Pages: [1]   Go Up