Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Info - measurement of shapes  (Read 963 times)

Bill Jaynes

Info - measurement of shapes
« on: February 24, 2010, 03:32:49 pm »

Hello,
I've done some development in Filemaker that had a great feature. If you select a shape on a layout, a size box tells you the dimensions as well as the distance from top of layout, bottom and sides. I'm trying to you the info tab in CS3 to do something like that to troubleshoot a print layout. I've drawn a rectangle. Generally, I'd like to select it, open the info tab and see it's information. So far, I'm not having any luck. Either the info tab shows empty information or I can't even select the square after drawing it. Feels like one of those times when the answer is right in front of me but I've got a blinder on I'm not aware of. I need to nudge the square around to find the center of a print.
Best regards,
Bill Jaynes [url=http://ww

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Info - measurement of shapes
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 04:45:42 pm »

Quote from: Bill Jaynes
Hello,
I've done some development in Filemaker that had a great feature. If you select a shape on a layout, a size box tells you the dimensions as well as the distance from top of layout, bottom and sides. I'm trying to you the info tab in CS3 to do something like that to troubleshoot a print layout. I've drawn a rectangle. Generally, I'd like to select it, open the info tab and see it's information. So far, I'm not having any luck. Either the info tab shows empty information or I can't even select the square after drawing it. Feels like one of those times when the answer is right in front of me but I've got a blinder on I'm not aware of. I need to nudge the square around to find the center of a print.

Are you talking about Photoshop CS3? I doubt it can do this, and why should it - it's not a page layout program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up