Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: dog photography  (Read 27228 times)

Rob C

Re: dog photography
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2010, 06:15:21 am »

I've read somewhere that the new photojournalism is a different animal; the technique, nowadays, is to arrive after the event and then record the special effects that said event caused to occur within the time frame of its manifestation, and then probe its residual memory within the realm of the present. (In fact, now that I reconsider, I believe that I am more or less quoting the delightful Annie L from her personal odyssey into the war zones of the Balkans with her erstwhile companion Susan Sontag. You can't get more validation that that.)

I feel specially privileged to have come across this particular scene which reveals, at least to the gifted viewer, the dynamic of the visceral reactions of the beast unleashed.

These are momentous days in which we live.

Rob C

tokengirl

« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2010, 05:42:10 pm »

Did your dog make all that mess?  ;D

Wish the photo was a little bigger - I'm having a hard time making out the details.

tokengirl

« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2010, 05:44:09 pm »

The weather here was a little cooler over the weekend - it made sleeping in the sun a viable activity.

tom b

• http://tombrown.id.au
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2010, 07:56:42 pm »

Ah! Now we're getting there. Ghost dogs.

Cheers
Tom Brown

stamper

« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2010, 03:17:51 am »

Nice effect, pity about the background though.

stamper

« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2010, 03:20:27 am »

I've read somewhere that the new photojournalism is a different animal; the technique, nowadays, is to arrive after the event and then record the special effects that said event caused to occur within the time frame of its manifestation, and then probe its residual memory within the realm of the present. (In fact, now that I reconsider, I believe that I am more or less quoting the delightful Annie L from her personal odyssey into the war zones of the Balkans with her erstwhile companion Susan Sontag. You can't get more validation that that.)

I feel specially privileged to have come across this particular scene which reveals, at least to the gifted viewer, the dynamic of the visceral reactions of the beast unleashed.

These are momentous days in which we live.

Rob C

Rob you aren't getting evicted and being deported? Now that the SNP is in power in Scotland they won't let you back in. It looks as if you are now stateless. :) ;) ;D

Rob C

« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2010, 04:27:08 am »

Did your dog make all that mess?  ;D

Wish the photo was a little bigger - I'm having a hard time making out the details.

Toke, you won't find him, the dog's reached Australia now: where did you imagine the pile of earth and plastic came from - The West Bank?

Rob C
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:51:05 am by Rob C »

Rob C

« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2010, 04:37:33 am »

Rob you aren't getting evicted and being deported? Now that the SNP is in power in Scotland they won't let you back in. It looks as if you are now stateless. :) ;) ;D

Stamper, I know (think?) you are jesting, but I have felt stateless nearly all my life. In fact, isolation of one form or another is like a state of normality for me. I believe it might be the reason why I tried so hard to find foreign work throughout my life, and ended - well, for the time being - living abroad. I think it's part of the photographic thing itself: one spends so much time looking, that in the end, everything seems to be the same but different, no matter where you find yourself. Even eating is slowly turning into a commonality, much to mankind's loss.

Rob C

Rob C

« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2010, 04:49:05 am »

Tokengirl, how lucky you are in Florida! What a life quality.

I don't get it why Rob who lives in the most beautifull beaches of mediterranean sea never go to the beach?
Because of the dogs?

Here are some urban dogs in a hurry...like everyone here

Fred, you know why: no more models.

I hate the beach otherwise; all that sand getting in the car, salt on the paintwork, idiots kicking balls into everybody else's space (why do males have this obsession with kicking balls all the time, plastic, leather or human?), yuck! You can keep it!

Rob C

grouchomarx

• http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/
« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2010, 06:17:37 pm »

Gaston is a Estrela Mountain Dog.
This breed has been used to guard herds and homesteads in the Estrela Mountains of Portugal for centuries.

"Gaston, 1 of 3"

"Gaston, 2 of 3"

"Gaston, 3 of 3"

"It's all so boring here, Margo - there's nothing but playboys and tennis pros."
http://portostreetshooting.blogspot.com/

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2010, 03:19:42 pm »

I somehow missed this thread initially, but here is my contribution:

(remember to click on the image to see it larger)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:50:45 pm by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Rob C

« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2010, 03:35:05 pm »

I somehow missed this thread initially, but here is my contribution:

Heysoos! They look wild and furious even when having fun!

They were having fun?

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2010, 03:49:50 pm »

Heysoos! They look wild and furious even when having fun!

They were having fun?...

Yes, they were. The one on the left was a rather young mastiff at the time, and although the picture looks scary, they were just playing in the snow.

dmerger

« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2010, 11:23:24 am »

Slobodan, what breed is the dog on the right?  It looks like a presa canario.
Dean Erger

dmerger

« Reply #74 on: October 24, 2010, 11:36:42 am »

Okay, here's my contribution to scary photos of dogs playing in the snow.  I realize that the photo is of poor quality, but I hope it's interesting nonetheless.
Dean Erger

darr

« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2010, 12:12:41 pm »

Mangy mutts! :P

What a beautiful photo (and kitty too!).

Rob C

« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2010, 12:33:50 pm »

Okay, here's my contribution to scary photos of dogs playing in the snow.  I realize that the photo is of poor quality, but I hope it's interesting nonetheless.

Indeed!

And to think we call them our best friends! Yes, I had a big pooch too, but it was an earlier, smallish fox-like one that was aggressive to larger dogs; it used to slip under their radar and grab the throat...

The larger one, the alsabrador, was generally rather coy and gentle, but she hated a large, black poodle that lived about eighty yards down the road. She always wanted to poop on its pathway if she could drag me over, but I tended to resist the temptation of letting her have her way. I'm a responsible citizen, after all! But at night... only joking.

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:22 pm »

Slobodan, what breed is the dog on the right?  It looks like a presa canario.

Dean, I actually wouldn't know. Neither dog was mine. The one of the left belongs to my friends and I am pretty sure it is a mastiff. The other one belonged to a passerby in the park, but I believe (from the discussion between the owners) it was a mastiff too, older though.

Dale Villeponteaux

« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2010, 06:57:15 pm »

I would not dance with that dog, or wolves, or bears.  Not with those knives in their jaws.
Scary indeed
Dale
My avatar isn't an accurate portrayal; I have much less hair.

tokengirl

« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2010, 04:26:29 pm »

Scary looking indeed!  But, that's what they sometimes look like when they're having fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up