Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has HP discontinued Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art Paper  (Read 2437 times)

robertDthomas

• Robert Thomas Photography
Has HP discontinued Hahnemuhle Smooth Fine Art Paper
« on: February 23, 2010, 05:02:56 pm »

Tried to order from ATLEX and they say it has beed discontinued.  Checked some other retailers that say out of stock.  Does anyone know if it has been removed from sale?  If so what alternatives have you used?

colinm

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2010, 01:12:50 am »

Given Canon's Hahnemühle papers have also been discontinued, I wonder if Hahn decided they didn't want co-branded papers out there anymore.

Off the top of my head Hahnemühle Photo Rag should be a reasonable match in texture, but the weight will be different (305 gsm being the closest option) and I believe the HP paper was brightened a little more aggressively.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 01:13:07 am by colinm »
Colin

deanwork

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2010, 01:22:48 am »

Well hell, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it is discontinued. Anybody that tries to market a 42" roll of rag paper is not thinking clearly.  I used about 2 rolls then went back to my regular Photorag 308 . These days there a  lot of good options like the Premiere Alise and Canson clones of Photorag that are even better.
john

Quote from: robertDthomas
Tried to order from ATLEX and they say it has beed discontinued.  Checked some other retailers that say out of stock.  Does anyone know if it has been removed from sale?  If so what alternatives have you used?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 09:52:13 am by deanwork »
Pages: [1]   Go Up