Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing with C1 Output  (Read 2713 times)

novice9

Printing with C1 Output
« on: February 22, 2010, 11:24:36 am »

I have been using C1 to process files and just purchased a 3880.  Since I cannot print out of C1, is there anything wrong with exporting my files as tiff's and then printing straight from the apple preview application, rather than importing the tiff into either LR or Aperture?

Separately, when I export out of Capture 1 into the TIFF, which color space should I choose?  In experimenting, sRGB seems to work fine, but adobe RGB seems to render a slight pink cast, though I have no idea why this would be.

Many thanks.

Paul Sumi

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 12:10:39 pm »

Quote from: novice9
Separately, when I export out of Capture 1 into the TIFF, which color space should I choose?  In experimenting, sRGB seems to work fine, but adobe RGB seems to render a slight pink cast, though I have no idea why this would be.

I just got the 3880 and have been using C1 v5 for RAW processing.  I export 16 bit TIFFS in the Pro Photo color space and finish post processing in PhotoShop.  

I'm a Windows user and use QImage to print.

I have not particularly noticed a pink cast. Are you using a wide gamut monitor and are you viewing through color managed apps?

Paul
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 12:12:27 pm by Paul Sumi »

novice9

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 03:20:44 pm »

That's funny, when I go to process in C1, its not giving me pro photo as a choice for output color space.  Any thoughts why that may be?  Thanks, tony.

Paul Sumi

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 03:28:44 pm »

That's funny, when I go to process in C1, its not giving me pro photo as a choice for output color space.  Any thoughts why that may be?  Thanks, tony.

Which version of C1 are you on?  Essentially you can set up your own recipes for processing RAWs - color space, output (JPG, TIFF, DNG), DPI, physical dimensions, etc.

Unfortunately I don't remember which tab it is on, and I am not sitting in front of my own computer to see.

Paul

novice9

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 03:36:50 pm »

I'm using C1 5.0.  I know about making process recipes, its just that outputting to pro photo color space is not one of the ingredients listed in my menu... or at least if its there, i can't find it!

Paul Sumi

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 04:34:31 pm »

...its just that outputting to pro photo color space is not one of the ingredients listed in my menu... or at least if its there, i can't find it!

Have you got Photoshop installed? I believe the Pro Photo profile is added with PhotoShop:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....mp;#entry340097

Paul

novice9

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2010, 06:02:00 pm »

Quote from: Paul Sumi
Have you got Photoshop installed? I believe the Pro Photo profile is added with PhotoShop:

http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....mp;#entry340097

Paul
no, i don't use photo shop.  maybe i should, but not sure what it would add -- for me -- to the c1 + Aperture 3.0 flow.  i would i able to take the pro photo profile out of ps and use it in c1?  i'm sure that question probably doesn't make alot of sense....

Paul Sumi

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »

A little Googling reveals that you can download the ProPhoto and other color space profiles from here:

http://www.dodgecolor.com/downloads.html

Paul

novice9

Printing with C1 Output
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2010, 09:02:55 pm »

Thanks Paul -- Well, i downloaded the file and unfortunately have not been able to unzip it.  I have been using stuffit expander, but seems that there are two layers of compression, and i can't get the second one -- the one with the .sit extention -- to open.  I feel like an idiot but I am giving up for now.  Thx. t.
Pages: [1]   Go Up