Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon WFT-E2  (Read 1139 times)

Darrill

Canon WFT-E2
« on: February 22, 2010, 07:54:12 am »

Last Friday I used the WFT-E2 with my Canon 1Dm3 at an event hoping to display the photos taken immediately. I tested the set-up on-site and then started to shoot. At some point the PC froze, not sure why, but I did not have time to mess around with it as the presentations were being held-up So all I could do was close the lid and put it into standby.

But by then my camera buffer was full. I assume this was because it could not transfer files but it still had to try to send each individual file. Which delayed clearing the buffer.

I could not physically take the WFT-E2 off the camera because I was using a RRS L-bracket and the hex key was too far away to retrieve and the camera was also in the RRS flash bracket.

I tried the menu options and could find no way to stop the transfers and as I could not hold up the event forever I finally had to remove the battery. Reinstalling the battery I was able to continue taking photos without the camera attempting to send photos to the PC.

Does anyone know if there is anyway to turn-off the WFT-E2 or cancel the transfers in progress? The one problem with removing the battery is that you lose the photos that were in the buffer as it appears that the camera delays writing files to the memory card until after either a) successful transfer to the PC or  a time out of each individual transfer.

It seems to be a poor software design as it is illogical to send to a remote data storage location before writing to the local cards.

Thx Darrill
Pages: [1]   Go Up