Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3800 won't print  (Read 1132 times)

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
3800 won't print
« on: February 20, 2010, 08:45:20 am »

My 3800 has finally developed a problem after three years of service. A file to be printed in is queue. It won't print and I can't delete it. The printer starts normally and all functions seem to be working correctly. It will feed the paper into the printer, but then it won't go any further into the process. Anyone run into this before?
Thanks for all replies.

Alan Goldhammer

• A Goldhammer Photography
3800 won't print
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 08:53:47 am »

Quote from: JohnBrew
My 3800 has finally developed a problem after three years of service. A file to be printed in is queue. It won't print and I can't delete it. The printer starts normally and all functions seem to be working correctly. It will feed the paper into the printer, but then it won't go any further into the process. Anyone run into this before?
Thanks for all replies.
It sounds like the file gets sent to the printer but something hangs.  If you can't clear the queue, you have to do it manually by clearing the paper path and turning off the printer (also remove the printer cable).  I've had this happen somewhat rarely on my 2880 and after I do that it seems to print normally (I have a Win computer and not a Mac).  I've never figured out what the glitch is.  However, one obvious thing to try is reinstalling the printer driver to see if for some reason it got corrupted.

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
3800 won't print
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 11:12:30 am »

Quote from: Alan Goldhammer
It sounds like the file gets sent to the printer but something hangs.  If you can't clear the queue, you have to do it manually by clearing the paper path and turning off the printer (also remove the printer cable).  I've had this happen somewhat rarely on my 2880 and after I do that it seems to print normally (I have a Win computer and not a Mac).  I've never figured out what the glitch is.  However, one obvious thing to try is reinstalling the printer driver to see if for some reason it got corrupted.

Thanks, Alan. Actually it finally cleared! When I went to the printer file after an eight hour shutdown the file had disappeared! Strange, but I'm happy to have my printer back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up