Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP DJ z3100 paper loading problem  (Read 8718 times)

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
HP DJ z3100 paper loading problem
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 10:06:06 am »

Hi Brian,
Good to hear that you got things working correctly.

I’ve been printing with papers that aren’t an issue, but I will soon start back into printing with the problem stock.

I’ll get back in touch if things are problematic.

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM

Quote from: Miller
So it's been a few weeks & I've been away from the printer but I got back to it yesterday. I replaced all the pinch wheel rollers & that totally fixed the problem. Be warned, you need really small fingers to do this.
Thanks for all the help

GlennStansbury

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 12:06:27 pm »

I have a 24" Z3200 and hadn't used it for a few weeks. First off, the MK head was clogged, which surprised me. I was using hahnemuhle FA baryta and successfully made a few prints, but then encoutered the problem of it not loading the paper completely, but it sprayed ink none the less. I figured it was due to the curl as I am in the last half of the roll, and I see that if I push on the feed roller area that should help it along, they are tan rollers by the way. My question is, what to do about the sprayed ink? When I reloaded the paper and got it to move to the front, it ended up with ink stripes on the back, will this just dry and not be a problem or do I need to clean? Thanks.

dandeliondigital

• http://www.dandeliondigital.com
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 02:01:33 pm »

Hi Gleen,
I’ve had it clear up after making the print with the stripes. This problem is a work flow time bandit and a real frustration. You have to remember to put on your white cotton glove, and help feed the print along, even if you are making more than one print in a row. The move paper trick works, but it adds more work.

I still have this happen and have to take a time to see if I can make any adjustments to fix it. So far I haven’t been able to do that.

So long for now, TOM

Quote from: GlennStansbury
what to do about the sprayed ink? When I reloaded the paper and got it to move to the front, it ended up with ink stripes on the back, will this just dry and not be a problem or do I need to clean? Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up