Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wireless Presenter for Mac  (Read 10417 times)

J. Paul

Wireless Presenter for Mac
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:50:04 am »

After doing lots of research for Wireless Presenter's for the Mac and Keynote, I settled in on the Keyspan Easy Presenter.  This is a Radio Frequency RF controlled device that requires no software and uses a receiver that plugs into a USB port.  I tested this arrangement at home and it worked perfectly.  I even aimed the remote through a wall and it still worked!  The bottom line is that I tried this system last evening in a small auditorium and I had some major advancing the slides in my presentation.  I would have to press the forward button numerous times to get it to advance and sometimes more than one would advance and then I would have to press the back button and that was equally frustrating.  I spoke briefly with support and they said it was probably RF interference.  Has anyone else had these types of issues?  Is this common?  Is there another brand of presenter that you are using that has been less problematic.  Any help here would be greatly appreciated as I have another presentation coming up in a few weeks.
Thanks,
J. Paul

John.Murray

• Images by Murray
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 02:47:53 pm »

You may be running into an interference issue with wireless microphones - many of the current offerings broadcast in the 500mhz range.  It shouldn't cause a problem with your presenter (the specs claim 433mhz), but experience with spread spectrum wireless is this stuff is notoriously sloppy......

J. Paul

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 05:21:40 pm »

Hello Joh.  Thank you for responding.  I happened to be using a corded mike on this gig so I am clueless as to what could have caused the problem.  Is there anything else that you know of that could interfere?
Thanks,
J. Paul

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:49:14 pm »

RF interference can be almost impossible to find out...  I've only ever used Logitech presenters.  Some people have problems with Logitech and Mac - this might help, though:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/driv...steermouse.html

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

J. Paul

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 07:02:28 am »

Thanks Mike!  I will check out the link.
J. Paul

Quote from: wolfnowl
RF interference can be almost impossible to find out...  I've only ever used Logitech presenters.  Some people have problems with Logitech and Mac - this might help, though:
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/driv...steermouse.html

Mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up