Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Paper and Z3200PS  (Read 1128 times)

GunterVT

HP Paper and Z3200PS
« on: February 17, 2010, 10:49:33 am »

I'm admittedly very wet behind the ears when it comes to large format printing. I print many research posters for a university using a DesignJet 1055 CM. I inherited this system and haven't really monkeyed with it. But now we're getting a new printer, a 44" Z3200PS, and I'm wondering if there's a reason that even though HP makes a 42" roll of the Universal Instant-Dry Gloss Photo Paper (I use the 36" roll in the 1055CM for the current posters), they don't show it as compatible media for the Z3200PS on their website.

Two Questions:
Is there any reason why this paper wouldn't work with the Z3200PS?

Is there some other media that y'all would recommend?  Keep in mind that, while these posters do have intricate charts and high res photos, they're not archived for years or need super high quality paper for resale. The media just needs to be cheapish, "look pretty" (gloss/semi-gloss), and last long enough to take to a few conferences then be discarded or hung up on push pins to a cork board in the hallways here.

Thanks!

Ernst Dinkla

HP Paper and Z3200PS
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:06:32 am »

It is in the Z3100-Z3200 media presets so should be compatible:

http://h10088.www1.hp.com/cda/gap/display/...49976_4041_13__

met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla

Try: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Wide_Inkjet_Printers/

Mussi_Spectraflow

• http://www.spectraflow.com
HP Paper and Z3200PS
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:56:59 pm »

Quote from: GunterVT
I'm admittedly very wet behind the ears when it comes to large format printing. I print many research posters for a university using a DesignJet 1055 CM. I inherited this system and haven't really monkeyed with it. But now we're getting a new printer, a 44" Z3200PS, and I'm wondering if there's a reason that even though HP makes a 42" roll of the Universal Instant-Dry Gloss Photo Paper (I use the 36" roll in the 1055CM for the current posters), they don't show it as compatible media for the Z3200PS on their website.

Two Questions:
Is there any reason why this paper wouldn't work with the Z3200PS?

Is there some other media that y'all would recommend?  Keep in mind that, while these posters do have intricate charts and high res photos, they're not archived for years or need super high quality paper for resale. The media just needs to be cheapish, "look pretty" (gloss/semi-gloss), and last long enough to take to a few conferences then be discarded or hung up on push pins to a cork board in the hallways here.

Thanks!

HP came out with a Satin Everyday Pigment Ink Photo Paper, and a glossy version that is pretty decent and would probably be a good fit for you.
Julian Mussi
 Spectraflow, Color Workflow
Pages: [1]   Go Up