Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to determine version number of Epson drivers?  (Read 1538 times)

julianv

How to determine version number of Epson drivers?
« on: February 16, 2010, 08:16:47 pm »

I just installed a 3880, and this involved a bit of head-scratching about which version of their driver software to install: the version currently available on their website, or the software on the CD which came packed in the box.  The Epson web site specifically advises against installing drivers from the CD unless the disk indicates support for Mac OS X 10.6 (which is what I am running).

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support...SnowLeopard.jsp

I could find no such information on the disk.  I called Epson support and they told me to use the CD installer anyway.  So far, the driver seems to be functioning OK.

This is not my first Epson printer, and not the first time I have had to deal with this sort of confusion.  When Epson releases new drivers on their website, it is sometimes hard to figure out whether it is newer than the version I have installed, whether the new version should be installed, and if so, whether the older driver should be removed first.

What is the most reliable way to determine the version number of my currently installed Epson driver?  The 3880 driver package on the website is labeled as 6.60.  But I can find no obvious version information on my installer CD, or in my installed software.

na goodman

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 08:31:06 pm »

There are a couple of ways to go about it but probably the quickest is to go under the apple to about this mac, click on more info/printers/highlight the printer you want information about (if you have more than one) and there you will find driver version and other info.

julianv

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 01:17:20 am »

Thanks for the quick reply.  I had already searched the System Profiler records, but only for extensions and frameworks.  I did not think to look for driver version info in the printer records.

Bottom line: the CD provided with the current shipping 3880 installs the same driver as what's on the website (version 6.60).
Pages: [1]   Go Up