Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Southern Utah March - The Best Location  (Read 11228 times)

Kathy

Southern Utah March - The Best Location
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2010, 08:54:56 pm »

Thanks for all your advice. As the weather, by British standards, was challenging at times last week we limited our visit to Capitol Reef, Bryce and Zion. With a nice dump of snow Capitol Reef  looked wonderful and we had the park practically to ourselves. It was a great first visit. Unfortunately Scenic Highway 12 could not live up to its reputation as we travelled much of it in a snow blizzard. It was our third visit to Bryce but under a heavy covering of snow there were many new photographic opportunities. We enjoyed a good sunrise shoot with just one other photographer. Again Zion was dusted with snow but we enjoyed sunshine and very good photographic conditions.

Once again California and Utah lived up to our expectations, I just wish I lived close enough to enjoy it more often.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2010, 09:09:50 pm »

Thanks, Kathy, for the follow up.  

Weather in that part of the world in March can be harsh, as I discovered last March. : )

It's a truism of landscape photography that bad weather quite often makes for good pictures.  Hope you post some here.

Peter

RichardGilbert

• http://www.richardvgilbert.com
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2010, 02:49:08 pm »

Might I suggest, "The Wave"? or Zion? or Glen Canyon?

Sgt. Richard V. Gilbert
USMC Retired
Scout/Sniper

"What can I say?! I like shooting stuff!"

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 11:38:50 am »

Very few things as beautiful as snow on red rocks.  You seem to have been very fortunate in your choice of travel times.  For tourists like us, a huge part of photography is simply about timing.  If conditions are poor, your resulting images will likely reflect that.  We live for the kind of conditions you got...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up