Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wilder Kaiser + Niederkaiser, Tirol  (Read 2357 times)

cmi

Wilder Kaiser + Niederkaiser, Tirol
« on: February 12, 2010, 06:31:09 pm »

3 stitched images from my trip to Austria 3 weeks ago. C&C appreciated.

[attachment=20237:wilder_k...1222x422.jpg] [attachment=20238:100122_W...1222x502.jpg] [attachment=20239:100122__...1222x502.jpg]
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:08:31 pm by cmi »

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2010, 10:54:30 pm »

Hmmm... I'd like the third one to be a bit brighter, but it might just be my monitor.  Of the first two, I prefer the first one for the spruce trees in the left foreground, but I think the lighting in the clouds in the second one is better.  All in all, well done!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

francois

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 03:39:30 am »

#1 is my favourite. As Mike said above, the tree on the left adds depth to the scene. I also like the broader view compared to #2. #3 is nice too, with the light illuminating the ridge.
Francois

Dick Roadnight

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 08:10:34 am »

Quote from: Christian Miersch
3 stitched images from my trip to Austria 3 weeks ago. C&C appreciated.
I agree with the comments above, and I prefer #1, but generally I dislike wide-angle landscapes, and think that most of them would be better if a narrower angle had been used.

On #1, you could have considered using a longer lens (or single capture) on the left, with the trees, mountain and clouds framing the distant view.
Hasselblad H4, Sinar P3 monorail view camera, Schneider Apo-digitar lenses

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2010, 10:45:24 am »

Is that a hot air balloon in no. 1?

I have to say, I've never seen this range with cloud over it - lucky me. It is the most fantastic outline when clear, and as a mountaineer I'm suddenly reminded of the Tyrol & off to plan a return trip!

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 03:13:41 pm »

Christian, Very, very nice. I suspect Mike may have a monitor problem because to me the third one, in its late afternoon light, is the best of the three. Maybe that's partly because I remember flying over the Uintah mountain range here in the U.S. many times in the late afternoon back in my flying days. It looked very much like that picture.

Well done.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

cmi

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 04:31:16 pm »

Thank you all for your thoughtful comments, very much appreciated!

Choosing from the first two shoots of "Wilder Kaiser" I like the first one more, too. It has a foreground, and better light, all in all better atmosphere for my taste. (It was taken some minutes before the second one.) Regarding Dick's suggestion, using only the best part at the left of the first one, I considered that too, and that indeed works very well (and is even a bit above what a single shot would yield).

But after all, just like Russ, I like the 3rd one most. (The structure.) I also understand that for some tastes it might be too dark - it IS quite dark, after all. I can't however brighten it much more because I had to use quite high ISO.

And yes Bill, this is indeed a balloon in #1, very good  The area is just wonderful. For the week I was there we had wildly mixed weather, some days foggy and with snow, but also three sunny days, one of them totally cloudless.

Christian
Pages: [1]   Go Up