Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best Macbook Pro Location Setup  (Read 4662 times)

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Best Macbook Pro Location Setup
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 09:54:09 pm »

I've got the 17" MB Pro with the 256gb SSD and the wintec 48gb card.  First performance is just awesome and very appreciated.   I mainly shoot tethered to the MBP and then use the wintec espresscard as a shuttle to move files from the laptop to the desktop as its super easy.   Note that I don't store the tethered files directly to the wintec but rather make a temporary copy or backup to the wintec then move so I have a working backup in all steps.    After using the SSD and expresscard,  I'm thinking hard drives are on their way out except for mass storage.    I did read digilloyd's article on the SSD's and figured I'd do the formatting he recommends at some periodic interval but haven't seen any slowdowns on either card so far in 6 months or so.

btw - My experience with O W C has been mixed though - seems like the last two ram orders I purchased from them had EEC errors and had to be replaced.  Also before that both mercury elite hard drives failed.  They did replace but what a hassle and bunch of wasted time.  "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of a low price is forgotten"
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:57:16 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

BJNY

Best Macbook Pro Location Setup
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 10:04:16 pm »

Hi Eric,

I've become a big fan of Hoodman products recently,
and am planning on getting their SDXC cards for back-up or start-up duty
when they become available in the Spring.

The BIG difference is their cards are SLC inside
translating to longer life.

Billy
Guillermo
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up