Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the f.....g landscape shooters  (Read 4290 times)

fredjeang

the f.....g landscape shooters
« on: February 11, 2010, 12:09:02 pm »

What do you think of that? : http://aphotocontributor.typepad.com/aphot...real-beast.html

4th paragraph of the "real beast" post.

Could it be a reference to the complains that have been written in this forum about the Leica S2 post??!
It seems to me that he does not like at all landscape shooters   :lol:  
specialy some in the forums...

Fred.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:32:41 pm by fredjeang »

fredjeang

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 12:11:09 pm »

The beast...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 12:14:49 pm by fredjeang »

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 12:59:30 pm »

I think the dog picture is really nice.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 02:32:12 pm »

Quote from: bill t.
I think the dog picture is really nice.
So I guess it wasn't a self-portrait. 
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

tim wolcott

• http://www.galleryoftheamericanlandscape.com
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 02:49:14 pm »

I'll challenge him any day of the week.  But I make my money from selling and exhibiting my images.  Lets see if he will take the challenge.  Hell of a lot harder to shoot a very fine landscape than anything else.  T

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 03:02:07 pm »

This guy really hits a point ... somehow.
Due the the f.....g landscape shooters around my area we have a real lack of unshot landscapes,
and a real flood of heavily bruised, injured or incapacitated landscapes.
Especially people shooting with unprecise and weak machinery, like 35 mm, micro 4/3s or APS-C guns
basically hurt the landscape instead of killing it cleanly and instantly, like with a tool like the S2.
Some nasty individuals use film on overly powered dirty weapons like 6x9cm,  4x5", 8x10" or worse.
The result is skyscrapers and industry sites devouring on the helpless and messed landscapes left over by
these people. Hurt  landscapes which have not cleanly be killed also tend to harm people who walk in winter
on non-salted ways without proper clothing.

my $0.02

~Chris

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 04:25:20 pm »

You know, I think we're being a little tough on that guy.  That kind of work is clearly outside the reach of any plodding landscape photographer.

For instance, would YOU be able to deal with such difficult circumstances?  Consider what he was up against...

Those are professional actors with optimal expressions and best poses that hold constant for half an hour at a time.

Those actors know how to stand up straight and smile and look terrific without being prompted.

They're all made and perfectly decked out.

They're dying to have their pictures taken.

They'll pose themselves any way you ask.

There are security guards making sure nobody gets between you and them.

There's a row of AC plugs within easy reach.

There's brilliant, even, color consistent lighting that works no matter which way the subject turns.

I've got to grudgingly admit that I could probably not handle conditions that challenging.  Just think about it for a minute...a photographer would need to point & shoot his camera not just once, but many many times during the course of that single evening!  I am in awe of talent like that.

fredjeang

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 04:38:55 pm »

...and it is So chalenging that if you are a dirty old (he does not like the old people either) outfashion shooter you won't survive such an extreme experience.
And these pictures...That's real photo man!

Rob C

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2010, 04:50:55 pm »

Miaawwwww.......

Rob C

ckimmerle

• http://www.chuckkimmerle.com
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2010, 05:33:21 pm »

That dude's a serious poser. Standing in a photo corral and shooting images of folks as they pass by demands little more than rudimentary skills. If he thinks he's a member of the photojournalistic elite, he's fooling himself.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 05:33:52 pm by ckimmerle »
"The real voyage of discove

tokengirl

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 09:32:37 pm »

Meh.

Peter Mellis

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2010, 11:04:14 am »

Interesting stuff. Would seem that the writer has some kind of chip on his shoulder; the people that he is photographing are "douches", etc. However, he is doing us a big favor by covering them. Too bad he never got past fifth grade English.

The pictures are interesting and certainly important information for the rest of us. The problem with people like this is that they seem to have a problem with everyone else. Maybe a bit defensive about what he is doing?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 11:05:54 am by PeterAM »

JamiePeters

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2010, 12:01:55 pm »

Here here I couldn't have said it better.  Very good comment.  I have had to shoot this kind of thing for the movie studio promo's.  It's like shooting a gatling gun and the prey is very close and with auto-focus boy, yeh right, that's not too hard.  Thousand dollars says he can't shoot landscapes and he had to revert to shooting this easy stuff.  Because he can't compete on the open market with the great landscape photographers who make their living selling their photographs.  I believe there was a challenge offered,  maybe we will see how good he is if takes the challenge head to head,  JP

Quote from: ckimmerle
That dude's a serious poser. Standing in a photo corral and shooting images of folks as they pass by demands little more than rudimentary skills. If he thinks he's a member of the photojournalistic elite, he's fooling himself.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2010, 01:58:00 pm »

Quote from: Nick Walker
The pictures are interesting and certainly important information for the rest of us. The problem with people like this is that they seem to have a problem with everyone else. Maybe a bit defensive about what he is doing?

You baffle me, in what way are they interesting and important?
I wouldn't presume to speak for Peter, of course, but I do harbour a gnawing suspicion that he might have been being just a teeny little bit sarcastic.

Jeremy

Peter Mellis

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2010, 06:25:58 pm »

Quote from: kikashi
I wouldn't presume to speak for Peter, of course, but I do harbour a gnawing suspicion that he might have been being just a teeny little bit sarcastic.

Jeremy

You got it. Guess that I might have been too subtle here, but I was really trying to control myself
Pages: [1]   Go Up