Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setup issues in printing to 4880 on Canson IBP  (Read 1408 times)

cunim

Setup issues in printing to 4880 on Canson IBP
« on: February 10, 2010, 04:21:58 pm »

I have been printing on Epson EPPL roll paper.  Now, I am trying to set the Epson 4880 up to print on Canson IBP sheets.  I downloaded the ICC profile and installed it.  First problem, LR would not offer it as one of the available selections.  I enabled showing display profiles and now it was on the list.  Odd.  Why would LR think a printer profile is a display profile?

Never mind.  Selected the profile, manual feed, paper size, max quality, turned off color adjustment etc. and created a preset.  I am almost ready to go but two questions.

1.  The Canson paper does not come up in the "Page Setup - Properties - Select Media" entry field.  That selection list only gives me the Epson papers.  How to get the IBP in there?  Is this entry even used if I have selected an ICC profile in LR's color management field?
2.  Page layout persists in giving me a larger right margin.  Sure I can change it but it just goes back as soon as I leave the preset.  How to center the image on the page and have that accepted into the preset (I have tried to update with current settings)?

cunim

Setup issues in printing to 4880 on Canson IBP
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 04:16:40 pm »

Duh!!  Answered my own question about the select media field by looking in the obvious place.  Canson specifies selection of Epson Premium Semigloss Photo (250) with this paper.

Still haven't figured out the centering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up