Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: B&W Portfolio  (Read 1309 times)

lbenac

• http://www.LucBenacPhoto.com
B&W Portfolio
« on: February 07, 2010, 09:08:08 pm »

Hello,

I am trying to go through my photos and create small portfolios of the best pictures of a set or location.
I have started with 10 photos of a corner of the the Pyrenees in France that I like.
These are Agfa APX100 35mm film.

I would appreciate opinions about the pictures chosen as a Portfolio

I am not sure that I can post 10 photos on a post but I have included a link to a slideshow/gallery  if you are so inclined.

Portfolio Slideshow

Portfolio Gallery

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,

Luc
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 09:10:34 pm by lbenac »
Luc Benac
Amateur Photos from Canada, Fr

fredjeang

B&W Portfolio
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 10:38:25 pm »

Quote from: lbenac
Hello,

I am trying to go through my photos and create small portfolios of the best pictures of a set or location.
I have started with 10 photos of a corner of the the Pyrenees in France that I like.
These are Agfa APX100 35mm film.

I would appreciate opinions about the pictures chosen as a Portfolio

Good luck,

Fred.

lbenac

• http://www.LucBenacPhoto.com
B&W Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2010, 11:33:20 pm »

Quote from: fredjeang
Hi Luc.
I know very well this part of France and was very pleased to see these pictures that brought me 30 years ago.
I also worked with Agfa film for some time in the past, I liked it very much.
About the portfolio, I think it is a question of being selective and critical with yourself, and for that you need distance.
We can find this distance asking to others, but the best way is to integrate time.
Let's say that your portfolio is perfect as it is now. Do not spend more time in wondering if you have choosen the "right" images,
you just did it that way and it is fine; and time to forget about it and do something else. (the ideal would be not even watch it).
In few weeks, you come back and will be happy to see that you will have more answers. Just trust yourself.
More you get exprerience, more your vision will be accurate and confident. Integrate that your portfolio will change with time and
experience and that will never end because we are learning constantly.  
Good luck,

Fred.

Hello Fred,

There is a lot of truth on what you are saying and I am applying this up to a certain point .i.e. it took me quite a bit to remove many images and I have a lot more to go.
But there comes a point where I am still left wondering if some of the images I have chosen can make it from "good to great". I do not really want to make good enough images for the rest of my life. I am still after making a great image that I will measure against. From that point of view I might need some "professional" help  
So I am hoping that making portfolio will help me in that process along with some nudge and help from this community which I think includes professionals and nearly professionals in abundance.

If you are in Madrid as per your signature, have a cocido at "La Bola" and you can think about a salivating Canadian missing la Movida big time...

Cheers,

Luc

Luc Benac
Amateur Photos from Canada, Fr

fredjeang

B&W Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 04:58:23 am »

Quote from: lbenac
Hello Fred,

There is a lot of truth on what you are saying and I am applying this up to a certain point .i.e. it took me quite a bit to remove many images and I have a lot more to go.
But there comes a point where I am still left wondering if some of the images I have chosen can make it from "good to great". I do not really want to make good enough images for the rest of my life. I am still after making a great image that I will measure against. From that point of view I might need some "professional" help  
So I am hoping that making portfolio will help me in that process along with some nudge and help from this community which I think includes professionals and nearly professionals in abundance.

If you are in Madrid as per your signature, have a cocido at "La Bola" and you can think about a salivating Canadian missing la Movida big time...

Cheers,

Luc
mmmm....
[attachment=20108:cocido_casa_carola.jpg]

Cheers,
Fred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up