Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: failure to load: epson 9900  (Read 2247 times)

john milich

failure to load: epson 9900
« on: February 07, 2010, 04:30:36 pm »

am having erratic loading for sheet feeding: basically the page does not get taken down for the initial measure before printing, used to work fine.  now i just gives me the "paper loading error...read manual"

got it to make two prints out of 10 tries, then gave up.  also tried re-booting printer twice

fyi: paper set to "sheet", orange light is off so paper drops in to rest on the stop, pressing "down" arrow usually causes the sheet to advance and get measured, but this is where it stops and results in an error msg

thanks
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 05:14:53 pm by john milich »

ghaynes754

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 08:38:47 pm »

John

The way I load sheets is to hit the load button, manually insert the sheet (even 8x10's), hit the load button to grab the sheet and then push the pause-trash button to finish.

Farmer

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 12:13:35 am »

http://support2.epson.net/manuals/english/...d3903-00_ug.pdf

Refer to pages 39-40 for loading of larger sheets.

For smaller sheets, it's as per your current method, John.  For larger sheets, it's more like roll paper in a way.
Phil Brown

john milich

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:43:44 am »

damn printer is working fine this morning!  using both methods (pause button or down arrow) if feeds right in!  worked five times in a row.  It would not do this yesterday afternoon.  printer sat overnight with hte power on.  huh!

thanks for the replies

jm

john milich

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 12:03:22 pm »

so much for arratic behavior, it is back to the no-load problem after two prints  time to call epson

jm

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 03:52:03 pm »

Quote from: Farmer
http://support2.epson.net/manuals/english/...d3903-00_ug.pdf

Refer to pages 39-40 for loading of larger sheets.

For smaller sheets, it's as per your current method, John.  For larger sheets, it's more like roll paper in a way.

Actually I've never loaded a sheet this way ... even 24x30 EEF.  Just setting the paper in place and hitting the button has always loaded it fine.

pcmurray

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 05:30:36 pm »

Quote from: john milich
so much for arratic behavior, it is back to the no-load problem after two prints  time to call epson

jm

I had the same problem with my 7900. Called Epson. They replaced the whole LCD panel. My Epson tech in NYC said it was the first time he has had to replace this item but it was all very straightforward.  Everything working fine now.
pc murray
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 05:48:01 pm by pcmurray »

Farmer

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 07:12:49 pm »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
Actually I've never loaded a sheet this way ... even 24x30 EEF.  Just setting the paper in place and hitting the button has always loaded it fine.

I've always used the "small sheet" method for any size (I did two dozen 17"x22" yesterday on a 9900 for example), but I figured it might help the OP to test the approved method :-)

It's now sounding like a sensor issue, since it's intermittent.

Only other thing to check is that there's no issue with sunlight coming through at certains times of the day that might be causing issues with an optical sensor by striking the printer in a certain place/way.
Phil Brown

john milich

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 07:54:10 am »

spent an hour on the phone with epson...no joy  found the printer was fairly reliable with normal bond paper!, but would fail to draw in exhibition fiber and ultrapremium.  lcd panel seems to function, it just does not effect paper feed.  epson is due to call back today after they do some research

john milich

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 06:36:23 pm »

epson is suspecting static cling, due to low humidity (I am in NYC wintertime)  i have to see if the problem persists with plastic backed papers compared to all paper papers.  i will also bring in a humidity gauge and report back

pcmurray

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 09:44:28 am »

Quote from: john milich
epson is suspecting static cling, due to low humidity (I am in NYC wintertime)  i have to see if the problem persists with plastic backed papers compared to all paper papers.  i will also bring in a humidity gauge and report back

My LCD looked fine EXCEPT that the down arrow worked intermittently. Epson replaced the whole LCD panel. Of course your problem may be different.
Good luck and let us know how everything gets resolved.
pcmurray
Pages: [1]   Go Up