Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canada Hotspots for Landscape/Nature Photography  (Read 1857 times)

DCB

• http://www.pbase.com/dbehrens
Canada Hotspots for Landscape/Nature Photography
« on: February 07, 2010, 12:42:27 pm »

Trying to plan my summer vacation (I’m based in Montreal) and am looking for some 1-2 week ideas that complement landscape/nature photography.  

Last summer I did an early June trip driving to Gaspe, Bonaventure Island (shooting Gannets) and then down to Bay of Fundy (Hopewell Rocks/Fundy NP).  Also flew to Calgary in Sept and did Banff, Jasper, Yoho and Kootenay NP’s.  Have also done fall trips to Algonquin, Quebec City, Bay St Paul (Parc des Grands-Jardins), Cap Tormente for Snow Geese, Tadoussac for whales and Upper Canada Bird Sanctuary for Canada Geese.  All wonderful trips.   Question is where next?  Some of my thoughts are:

Drive beyond Tadoussac along the northern shore of the St Lawrence – maybe not as far as the end of the road – Natashquan – unless there is good reason.

Visit Newfoundland – either fly or drive/ferry.  Gros Morne NP is high on my must see list!

Drive to Nova Scotia & Cape Breton Island.  

I’m open to anything say within a thousand kilometers from Montreal.

Would really like to hear some recommendations and happy to share any of my experiences from above.

Thanks, Dave
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 04:10:18 pm by DCB »
Pages: [1]   Go Up