Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tilt & shift with a micro lens digital back like H3D40  (Read 2852 times)

zazoumarie

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
Tilt & shift with a micro lens digital back like H3D40
« on: February 06, 2010, 10:57:29 AM »

HI, has any one experiment tilt & shift on a view camera with a micro lens digital back or with the Hasselblad HTS 1,5 .
I wounder if tilting will afect the quality of sharpness on this type of digital back, I am interested in bying the new H4D40.
Thanks
Logged

David Grover / Phase One

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1224
    • Phase One
Tilt & shift with a micro lens digital back like H3D40
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 01:18:38 PM »

Quote from: zazoumarie
HI, has any one experiment tilt & shift on a view camera with a micro lens digital back or with the Hasselblad HTS 1,5 .
I wounder if tilting will afect the quality of sharpness on this type of digital back, I am interested in bying the new H4D40.
Thanks


Quite a few people have been using the HTS with the H3D31 which also has microlenses.

As the lens sits someway from the sensor the issue is not quite the same as using a technical camera.

Also there is functionality in Phocus (The software) to deal with any lens cast introduced.  You do not have to work tethered to use this function.

Best,


David
Logged
David Grover
Business Support and Development Manager, Software.

JDG

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 103
Tilt & shift with a micro lens digital back like H3D40
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 01:34:26 PM »

Quote from: zazoumarie
HI, has any one experiment tilt & shift on a view camera with a micro lens digital back or with the Hasselblad HTS 1,5 .
I wounder if tilting will afect the quality of sharpness on this type of digital back, I am interested in bying the new H4D40.
Thanks


Like David said, the HTS with retrofocus lenses should be fine....  for View cameras though it really depends on the design of these micro lenses.  Older Kodak CCD like the KAF-31600 used in the Phase One P30+ and Hasselblad H3D-31 used micro lenses that had major color cast with tilt and shift on view cameras...

The newer Dalsa 40mp and 60.5mp CCD in the Phase One P40+ and P65+ use a new type of Micro lens that largely does not suffer color casts under swings and tilts.  Ultimately I guess we'll have to wait and see what technology Kodak is using in their 40mp when Blad finally gives us some real details.

I'll be very interested to see what they have to show at their events in a few days considering the world has yet to see the fabled Hasselblad H4D-60 which was originally announced as the H3D-II 60 almost a year and a half ago.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:36:40 PM by JDG »
Logged

MarkKay

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 587
    • http://markkayphotography.smugmug.com/gallery/1305161
Tilt & shift with a micro lens digital back like H3D40
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 02:25:58 PM »


I use the 1.5xHTS with the H3DII-31. Works fine.

Quote from: David Grover / Hasselblad
Quite a few people have been using the HTS with the H3D31 which also has microlenses.

As the lens sits someway from the sensor the issue is not quite the same as using a technical camera.

Also there is functionality in Phocus (The software) to deal with any lens cast introduced.  You do not have to work tethered to use this function.

Best,


David
Logged

zazoumarie

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
Tilt & shift with a micro lens digital back like H3D40
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2010, 08:07:51 AM »

Quote from: MarkKay
I use the 1.5xHTS with the H3DII-31. Works fine.
Thanks a lot for the info, I didn't thought about the retro focus aspect of the HTS1,5 but you are right, I guess the best thing is wait and see :-)
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up