Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: printing cells  (Read 1195 times)

cunim

printing cells
« on: February 05, 2010, 02:23:30 pm »

I am trying to set up LR to print multiple photos on 16" roll paper (Epson 4880).  I create a preset with two rows by two columns, rotate to fit, and portrait mode selected.  Source is roll paper 16 x 20" borderless.

I see my grid in the preview, and the main print window shows exactly what I expect.  Four prints are spaced across the width of the roll and the page length is 20" as shown on the rulers.  Print margins are small (.25") and the cell spacing shows as I expect.  Cell size shows as 9.6 x 7.9".  The Epson print preview is hard to evaluate because there are no rulers.  However, the prview shows a bit of chopping on one side of the page (LR does not show this) and that actually occurs.

With respect to quality the prints are fine.  All my print settings appear to be taking.  However, the output geometry is all wrong.  The prints appear on half the roll width, and thus are smaller than they should be.

I recall the salesman trying to print from LR had similar problems and could not figure out how to get proper printing out of his 4880.

The LR print user interface seems simple and elegant.  The printer is great.  It is just the output geometry that is messed up.  What am I missing?

Tony B.

printing cells
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 02:49:54 pm »

Not sure if you are trying to make a collage print at 16x20 to hang or printing 4 images to cut to single images.  If you are trying to print 4 images to cut to single images I would not use borderless as this will automatically enlarge the images to cause overspray of the edge producing a borderless print.

Because of selecting borderless, if auto paper cutting is on, it will expand the image, beyond the border of 16x20 if aligned with the leading/trailing edge, and cut the paper to 16x20 cutting through the overspray to produce a borderless print.

Tony
Pages: [1]   Go Up