Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sinar eXposure query:  (Read 5744 times)

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
Sinar eXposure query:
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:29:38 pm »

Instead of running around in the field with a pocketful of CF cards I have got into the habit of downloading original files from the CF card when it gets full to a portable battery powered 160GB X-drive hard disk specifically designed for this particular purpose. This worked fine with raw files from DSLRs like the Canon 5D.

Now I have a Sinar eMotion back and have found that with patience this portable HD can download and store copies of the files from the CF card just as I did with my Canon DSLR.

I read here how to import original Sinar .ia files from my CF card into Sinar eXposure. It works fine with a CF card.

But so far I have not been able to import COPIES of the same files that I downloaded from the CF card to the portable HD into Sinar eXposure.

I can see the volume and folder of the portable HD in the browser window of eXposure.

But when I click on the appropriate folder in the browser window no IMPORT window appears and nothing else happens.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

DavorHorvatic

• http://www.xpose.at
Sinar eXposure query:
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:15:14 am »

Quote from: lowep
Instead of running around in the field with a pocketful of CF cards I have got into the habit of downloading original files from the CF card when it gets full to a portable battery powered 160GB X-drive hard disk specifically designed for this particular purpose. This worked fine with raw files from DSLRs like the Canon 5D.

Now I have a Sinar eMotion back and have found that with patience this portable HD can download and store copies of the files from the CF card just as I did with my Canon DSLR.

I read here how to import original Sinar .ia files from my CF card into Sinar eXposure. It works fine with a CF card.

But so far I have not been able to import COPIES of the same files that I downloaded from the CF card to the portable HD into Sinar eXposure.

I can see the volume and folder of the portable HD in the browser window of eXposure.

But when I click on the appropriate folder in the browser window no IMPORT window appears and nothing else happens.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

did you try to click on the appropriate folder, hold and click on ctrl? i´m not sure, as I cannot check this right now, but I think, there is a way to do it - try to find this also hereSinar eXposure EN
Cheers

Davor

xpose solutions

lowep

• http://sites.google.com/site/peterlowefoto/
Sinar eXposure query:
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 10:51:01 am »

Quote from: DavorHorvatic
did you try to click on the appropriate folder, hold and click on ctrl? i´m not sure, as I cannot check this right now, but I think, there is a way to do it - try to find this also hereSinar eXposure EN

Happy to hear from you Davor that you think there is a way to do it - so worthwhile to keep trying I guess. No joy when I clicked on the folder, held and clicked on control, as you suggest. When I did this to the copy of the .ia file I got the usual menu with the options to "open" and "open with" - but when I chose Sinar eXposure as either of these options the program did open but the copy of the .ia file did not, nor did the file appear in the folder in browser of the eXposure program.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 10:52:22 am by lowep »

baudolino

Sinar eXposure query:
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:57:13 pm »

Quote from: lowep
Happy to hear from you Davor that you think there is a way to do it - so worthwhile to keep trying I guess. No joy when I clicked on the folder, held and clicked on control, as you suggest. When I did this to the copy of the .ia file I got the usual menu with the options to "open" and "open with" - but when I chose Sinar eXposure as either of these options the program did open but the copy of the .ia file did not, nor did the file appear in the folder in browser of the eXposure program.

I normally shoot to internal storage first and move to CF cards before it gets full, during breaks in shooting. The back continues to shoot as it is moving images to the CF card. The literature says that max 8GB cards are supported but I have used 16GB and 32GB without problems. So my solution is to buy a higher capacity CF card or two, I think you can get 64GB today which might cover your need.

jps

Sinar eXposure query:
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:35:42 am »

I have noticed a similar strange behaviour with cards vs saved folders. My workflow is with exposure to create DNGs. If you copy the CF card to the desktop and use that as the image source you cannot process the images in exposure HOWEVER if you then copy the info back onto another formated CF card and use the card as the image source everything works fine. any explanation for this ???

JOHN
Pages: [1]   Go Up