Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skyline and dark landscapes  (Read 1924 times)

BertramPaul

• http://bertram-paul.com
Skyline and dark landscapes
« on: February 05, 2010, 10:16:58 am »

Updated with some info, because I didn't like the thumbnails:

This is the (artificial)lake at the Barragem de Castelo Bode, a powerdam, smack in te middle of Portugal. Shot from the dam, 13 sec:

This is a view on a hillside from the back of my house. Early evening these clouds were spectacular and the photo can't capture the full beauty:

This is Cabo da Roca (Cape Rock): the most western point of European mainland. It's the end of the Serra de Sintra and drops over 300 ft. straight down into the Atlantic:

C&C welcome!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:22:21 am by BertramPaul »
ßεÆê♍ Pªµ└

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 04:27:48 pm »

Now thats colors !
The third is my favourite for the mix between color and b/w-ish tones.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 04:51:26 pm by ChristophC »

francois

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:01:28 am »

#2 and #3 are my favorites. Both are very contrasty and saturation is well used to produce pleasant images. #1 is not bad at at but nothing special comapred to the others.
Francois

walter.sk

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 11:04:57 am »

The silhouette effect is interesting, but for my taste (very subjective) I find that the large mass of pure black with no detail in the 2nd and 3rd image does not add to the quality of the pictures.  If the outline of the top of the black produces an interesting shape against the color, I would either crop out the larger lower portion of the images, or, more preferably in the shooting I would move in a bit more for the same effect.

In the top picture, the pure black shape seems better integrated into the image and works better for me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 11:07:14 am by walter.sk »

BertramPaul

• http://bertram-paul.com
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:53 am »

Thanks for taking the time and writing.
As you can see I changed the photos from thumbnails, because before I didn't understand how to do that    

The first picture of the dam was a surprise, becasue with my naked eye I couldn't see so much detail and color. Seems the D90 sees more then me  

The last photo was taken at the same place where my avatar photo was taken almost 2 years ago.

All are almost straight nef to jpg, with a few minor adjustments; I don't like to "pimp" my pictures and cropping is another way of hiding the mistake you made while framing. But that's just my subjective opinion; in the end all that counts is the end result.

Thanks again!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 08:53:53 am by BertramPaul »
ßεÆê♍ Pªµ└
Pages: [1]   Go Up