Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vertical Grip H System  (Read 3137 times)

Nick-T

Vertical Grip H System
« on: February 03, 2010, 04:39:36 pm »

If you'd like a vertical grip for H System please post here.

Can I ask that you answer two very important questions when replying.

#1 How much would you be will to pay (in USD)? Hint I doubt it will be cheap.

#2 Do you need scroll wheels or could you live with just a shutter release? (The reason is that having scroll wheels would make trhe grip much more complex/costly)

I'll pass on the responses (but no names) to the right person at Hasselblad.

Thanks in Advance
Nick-T
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 04:46:07 pm by Nick-T »
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

Hywel

• http://www.restrainedelegance.com
Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 04:51:25 pm »

Quote from: Nick-T

Yes, I'd like one, but not at huge cost. A few hundred dollars tops for me. I'd consider it useful for reducing fatigue but not at huge cost.

#2 Do you need scroll wheels or could you live with just a shutter release? (The reason is that having scroll wheels would make the

Just a shutter release would be fine for me- most of my portrait-format work is done with controlled lighting and a lightmeter, so I don't use the scroll wheels "in action" with the camera to my eye anyway.

Cheers, Hywel.

Bernhard

• http://www.bernhardphotographer.com
Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 06:14:42 pm »

if hassy would make one it would cost you at least 900-1200 thinking of what other h-things costs!

fx: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...2313&is=REG

I would buy one

all the best,

Bernhard

TMARK

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 07:57:37 pm »

Shutter only would be fine, $800 tops.  I guess I'd also have to buy an H to go with it.

pixjohn

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 09:47:04 pm »

I would like to have a vertical grip in the price range $600 - $800. I would only need the shutter button. If it had a wheel that would be an added bonus.  If it never comes out, I will just continue to turn my wrist for free.

After hearing and reading all the post over the years, I am very surprised they never came out with something.

If I had my choice, I would like a multi zone(maybe 5 zones for  focusing. Since I shoot with an H2 I don't think I will ever see that function.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 11:29:58 pm by pixjohn »

arashm

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 10:17:30 pm »

If you'd like a vertical grip for H System please post here.

Can I ask that you answer two very important questions when replying.

#2 Do you need scroll wheels or could you live with just a shutter release? (The reason is that having scroll wheels would make trhe grip much more complex/costly)

I'll pass on the responses (but no names) to the right person at Hasselblad.

Thanks in Advance
Nick-T

I have actually asked for a vertical grip several times on this very forum.
YES PLEASE

I certainly think it's required for the H system, Turning the camera on it's side all day long with a heavy lens is not a happy thought for me.
The scroll wheel would be nice but not needed, I too can do with just the shutter release.
Would like it to be priced Sub $1,000.00

we'll see if one ever materializes.
am

rogan

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2010, 11:11:56 pm »

under a $1000
I want everything on it. At the very least a focus button. Without it, not interested

jimgolden

• http://
Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 12:41:42 am »

said over on HDF, yah - $1K. Grover and you kinda shot it down right quick...I might go the Klinko route and hire a machinist and do up my h322 w/ skulls and crap. it's almost worthless now anyhow...might as well have fun...

jimgolden

• http://
Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 12:44:00 am »

keep in mind the HTS is $5500 - a vert grip cant be $2500 with that in mind...

gwhitf

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 09:00:02 am »

I agree with Mr. Rogan -- it needs the buttons, or else it's a waste of time. Let's remember what we're talking about here -- we're talking about shooting an all-day, hand-held job in a full-page-vertical format. So for me, I would need all the usability of the normal grip, with all the buttons. We are talking about something with the Hasselblad nameplate on it -- it should work, and it should work well. It should not be some afterthought. Although, I could argue that back in the initial design of the H body, that, at that point, it was an afterthought, and now, here we are at the H4 iteration of the camera, and we're talking about getting out some duct tape and bubble gum, and trying to cobble something together for professional hard use on current cameras.

I could argue that the entire camera is now due for an overhaul, and these forgotten features should now be incorporated into a new camera body design -- at least the grip area. A true overhaul would warrant a Countdown Clock. Leave everything else alone (and make sure and don't mess with the rugged pop-up Flash Unit that's in the Viewfinder). I read a story last night and when you read the details of the story, I realized that yes, that Pop Up flash truly does have some usefulness, even down to saving a man's life:

http://tinyurl.com/ycr9gcs

Having said all this, I'd imagine that if a Vertical Grip could in fact be fashioned now, to fit on the current H models, it would need to sell for $2500-$3500, and if I still owned an H system, I'd gladly pay that.

I also could imagine a truly portable, DSLR-competing camera being introduced that was much faster on its feet, being thought of as more of a Unibody, where the back was not removable at all. This would be something like I drew and posted yesterday; the Vertical Grip would be unibody and not removeable. If that was the case, the buttons could be moved off the back itself, and moved onto the rear of the camera body. There would be no need, in this particular model, to remove it for view camera use, because this model is more like a DSLR -- grab it and go, and shoot all day, but with all the nice Hasselblad lenses and the CCD chip, (and the pop-up flash).

Or, better yet, come up with a FF square chip, stick it on a 500 or 200, and all this talk is for moot -- those current body designs would work just fine.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2010, 09:32:06 am by gwhitf »

robert zimmerman

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 03:24:15 pm »

a verticle grip would be nice, but i'd much prefer a completely new body that is half the weight and size of the h and with a lower rez chip. i just don't need more than 31mp which just about right for everything i do.
my other problem is the 50-110, it's just too big and heavy. and the new zoom is crazy expensive. the 80 is great but it's a over a 100mm on the 31mp chip, the next step down is the 50 which is twice the size of the 80...
i don't know, how about a new body and a small fast 70mm with a big lcd. and how about a small, slooooooooow mid range zoom, i never use my zoom under f5,6, and usually around f8-11 so make it slow and small.

glennedens

Vertical Grip H System
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 03:41:54 pm »

Nick,

A vertical grip would be nice, needs buttons and wheels and less than $1,000.

Personally what i want more is the ability to use the rear LCD to show shooting info (f-stop, shutter speed, exposure and shutter mode, focus arrows, ISO, EV compensation, etc.) before the image is taken.  I use a Kirk L-bracket and a tripod most of the time so the vertical-horizontal switch is not a big deal for me, i know it is more important to others.   Being able to set shooting parameters without having to look through the viewfinder or the top display would really make a difference in my landscape work, for example when me and the gear are teetering over a cliff   It would also be nice to be able to have the shooting parameters on the rear LCD when i am using the waist-level viewfinder.  This seems like a fairly simple firmware upgrade.

Do both pleaaaaaaaaaase!

Glenn

Quote from: kipling
a verticle grip would be nice, but i'd much prefer a completely new body that is half the weight and size of the h and with a lower rez chip. i just don't need more than 31mp which just about right for everything i do.
my other problem is the 50-110, it's just too big and heavy. and the new zoom is crazy expensive. the 80 is great but it's a over a 100mm on the 31mp chip, the next step down is the 50 which is twice the size of the 80...
i don't know, how about a new body and a small fast 70mm with a big lcd. and how about a small, slooooooooow mid range zoom, i never use my zoom under f5,6, and usually around f8-11 so make it slow and small.
Pages: [1]   Go Up