« on: February 02, 2010, 04:06:48 pm »

Another (sorry) snap from my walks in a Madrid's bar with a compact cam,
the left figure was watching tv...

[attachment=19942:scared.jpg]

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
scared
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:52:04 pm »

Fred, It's a good informal portrait. The way you handled the light is excellent. But since this isn't a famous person or someone we know you might have been better off including some context. Who else is in the bar? What are they doing? Are they doing something that's causing this gal to be concerned? Is she shying away from something? If so, what? Since the TV isn't included, these are reasonable questions. Also, there's a mass of what looks like someone else's hair in the right part of the picture. Who is that? How does the owner of that hair fit into the picture?

I'm not knocking your shot. I think this kind of photograph is much more interesting than the vast majority of landscape shots. (Sorry Michael) Keep it up. If you're not familiar with Garry Winogrand's work it might be worth your trouble to check him out.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

fredjeang

scared
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:55:44 pm »

Hi Russ,

I must confess that I remembered just one picture from Winogrand and your post reactivated my interest.
He is a great master. This kind of photography is also the one I like most, I think it is also one of the most complicated to master,
(not specially on a technical basis though).
Your constructive and experienced comments are always welcome.
A pleasure.

Fred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up