Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 3880, apple 10.6.2, eye-one profiles, Ps CS 4 Problem  (Read 2878 times)

Mathijs

Epson 3880, apple 10.6.2, eye-one profiles, Ps CS 4 Problem
« on: February 02, 2010, 07:15:28 am »

The problem occurred only with the profiles  I made with i1XTreme - eye-one Match

Problem: when printing in Photoschop (Cs 4)  a 10x15 cm Photo on A4, the rest of the paper along the photo is printed with a slight blue/Cyan cast.

When choosing an other profile for example the original epson profile, there is no problem(I tried also adobe rgb 1998).  

When printing with Indesign the profile works fine with choosing Epson Color Controls in Color Matching

It seems that the Eye-one profile don't bypassed colorsync

I'am working with
i1XTreme, Apple OS 10.6.2, Photoshop CS 4, epson 3880: Print utility 6.60

X-rite can't help me, Does somebody knows a solution?

Jeremy Payne

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:38:44 am »

Quote from: Mathijs
The problem occurred only with the profiles  I made with i1XTreme - eye-one Match ... When choosing an other profile for example the original epson profile, there is no problem(I tried also adobe rgb 1998) ... Does somebody knows a solution?
This may be a stupid question ... but if there is no problem when you use the original epson profile ... what's wrong with using that?

Mathijs

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 07:51:12 am »

Quote from: Jeremy Payne
This may be a stupid question ... but if there is no problem when you use the original epson profile ... what's wrong with using that?

I want to print on different papers with their own profiles made with eye-one software

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 07:57:33 am »

I want to print on different papers with their own profiles made with eye-one software

This is probably a case where you will have the use the ColorSync Utility workaround by replacing the epson profile with your custom profile for the media you select in the driver.

Doyle

Mathijs

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:04:18 am »

Quote from: DYP
This is probably a case where you will have the use the ColorSync Utility workaround by replacing the epson profile with your custom profile for the media you select in the driver.

Doyle

I have tried this with no succes

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 10:10:07 am »

I have tried this with no succes

Sorry, I went back and reread your OP and see I was assuming something else.

It looks like you have been bitten by the version 4 profile thing. Same your profiles as version 2.

Doyle

Mathijs

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 10:48:59 am »

Quote from: DYP
Sorry, I went back and reread your OP and see I was assuming something else.

It looks like you have been bitten by the version 4 profile thing. Same your profiles as version 2.

Doyle

Doyle it happens in with version 4 and version 2 profiles.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/525184?tstart=0

I think it is the same problem. When I print through Indesing I can choose in Color Matching: Epson Color Controls. Then it works OK
In Photoshop this option is grayed out. When I print with preview it prints without the color band, but than the colourmanagement doesnot work, muddy and to dark.
Epson says it is a Adobe problem. Apple is not reachable. I have put the case with Adobe

With 10.4 and Ps Cs 2 no problem at all

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 04:55:04 pm »

With 10.4 and Ps Cs 2 no problem at all

This is the 'Photoshop CS4 Won't Print Accurate Targets For Profiling' problem.  Best advice at the moment is not to use PS CS4 for printing profiles but to go back to using an earlier version of Photoshop.  CS2 will be fine.  CS4 will print fine with profiles from targets printed elsewhere but not printing un-colour managed targets with no profile (which you have to do in order to create profiles).

See these links (ad nauseam):
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=38944
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=39257
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=37353
http://luminous-landscape.com/forum/index....showtopic=34090
http://forums.adobe.com/message/1927440#1927440

No fix is on the horizon and no one (Apple/Adobe/Printer Manufacturer) wants to own the problem.  Sadly.  Although, current circumstantial evidence seems to point to Apple as being the culprit.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 05:48:15 pm »

Problem: when printing in Photoschop (Cs 4)  a 10x15 cm Photo on A4, the rest of the paper along the photo is printed with a slight blue/Cyan cast.

this is current a problem with profiles from the ColorMunki as well.  By default a version 4 profile is created, the result is anything outside of the image area is printed a cyanish/gray color. the image itself including any areas that are pure white (255,255,255) are unaffected.   With ColorMunki to solve this you have to set the preference to generate a version 2 profile and then remake the profile including reprinting the target.  To get the target to print accurately from colormunki it appears choosing Epson color Controls in the color match tab, but set color management to off in the print settings tab results in an accurate target and a good profile.  

As you mentioned, Epson Color Controls is grayed out when printing from Photoshop.  The work around from Eric Chan in Mark Dubovoy's article on the main site does deliver an accurate target with Leopard/Snow Leopard and CS4.  I'm pretty sure there is a setting in i1 Match software to indicate a version 2 profile as well, although a version 4 profile may be referred to as a "large" profile in the options.  (don't have a device handy to double check).

Ryan Grayley

• RGB Arts Ltd
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2010, 01:12:13 am »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
I'm pretty sure there is a setting in i1 Match software to indicate a version 2 profile as well, although a version 4 profile may be referred to as a "large" profile in the options.  (don't have a device handy to double check).

Yes this is correct and indeed I use the version 2 profile setting with i1Match.
I use Mac Photoshop CS1 or Windows Photoshop CS2 for printing i1Match charts and I get great profiles.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:12:37 am by Ionaca »
Ryan Grayley BA IEng MIET ARPS
RGB Arts Ltd, London, UK

Mathijs

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 01:12:33 am »

Quote from: Wayne Fox
this is current a problem with profiles from the ColorMunki as well.  By default a version 4 profile is created, the result is anything outside of the image area is printed a cyanish/gray color. the image itself including any areas that are pure white (255,255,255) are unaffected.   With ColorMunki to solve this you have to set the preference to generate a version 2 profile and then remake the profile including reprinting the target.  To get the target to print accurately from colormunki it appears choosing Epson color Controls in the color match tab, but set color management to off in the print settings tab results in an accurate target and a good profile.  

As you mentioned, Epson Color Controls is grayed out when printing from Photoshop.  The work around from Eric Chan in Mark Dubovoy's article on the main site does deliver an accurate target with Leopard/Snow Leopard and CS4.  I'm pretty sure there is a setting in i1 Match software to indicate a version 2 profile as well, although a version 4 profile may be referred to as a "large" profile in the options.  (don't have a device handy to double check).
I worked hours with X-rite to solve this problem. changing langauge, re-install printers and eye-one match and changing settings in Ps 4. V2 an V4 targets and measurements. Nothing solved the problem.
The strange thing when I print with Indesign Cs 4 It works ok. Problem is only in Photoshop CS 4 and the epson 6.60 driver. Seems that Indesign works in a different way with color profiles.

Profiles made with a other computer 10.4 and version 2 didn't work either.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2010, 01:14:54 am by Mathijs »

Doyle Yoder

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 07:00:48 am »

I worked hours with X-rite to solve this problem. changing langauge, re-install printers and eye-one match and changing settings in Ps 4. V2 an V4 targets and measurements. Nothing solved the problem.
The strange thing when I print with Indesign Cs 4 It works ok. Problem is only in Photoshop CS 4 and the epson 6.60 driver. Seems that Indesign works in a different way with color profiles.

Profiles made with a other computer 10.4 and version 2 didn't work either.

Have you tried converting you image to the printer profile in PS first then assigning sRGB (you could also try AdobeRGB or Generic RGB but sRGB worked in my tests with a 9600) then printing with Printer Manages Color with No Color Correction selected.

Doyle
Pages: [1]   Go Up