Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mars Banned  (Read 20455 times)

Rob C

Mars Banned
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2010, 04:26:57 am »

I just hope that the temptation to fix what ain't broke is resisted. I find this site perfectly functional, see no need to mess with it and, most of all, enjoy the contributions from many of the people.

Someone mentioned content being all: of course it is, and we are the content; let's not lose sight of that. We function well and those who seek to make nothing but trouble all eventually leave from boredom, the boredom of being ignored.

Rob C

stamper

Mars Banned
« Reply #61 on: February 06, 2010, 04:50:35 am »

Quote from: Rob C
I just hope that the temptation to fix what ain't broke is resisted. I find this site perfectly functional, see no need to mess with it and, most of all, enjoy the contributions from many of the people.

Someone mentioned content being all: of course it is, and we are the content; let's not lose sight of that. We function well and those who seek to make nothing but trouble all eventually leave from boredom, the boredom of being ignored.

Rob C

I would absolutely agree with that sentiment. If changes are made then no doubt there will be advice given as to "improve" them and it will be never ending?  

daws

Mars Banned
« Reply #62 on: February 06, 2010, 05:58:17 am »

Quote from: cgf
...this is a pathetic response

...Anyone arguing otherwise is blind.

...Geeze man,. take a hint.

...Silly silly silly.

...Rich, retired, no need to work, and you take on a huge cost to satisfy your ego.

...A stupid decision.

...I am brave enough to say so. The rest are pathetic for not saying so.

...you must have rocks in your head.

...Now the flames can begin, I don't really care I will not visit here again.

Ah. A motivational speaker.

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Mars Banned
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2010, 12:27:39 pm »

Au contraire, I shall await the coming of the upgraded site.  I shall not dispense gratuitous pearls of wisdom here about any specific changes (doling out advice from an armchair is easy).  In the last 5-7 years there have been significant advances in the technologies of content management systems - Wordpress, Drupal, et al have now become powerful & robust publishing platforms - and LL could exploit all the goodness they offer.

Moynihan

• jay moynihan:  glances stares & nods
Mars Banned
« Reply #64 on: February 07, 2010, 02:46:43 pm »

Wow. How DPReview-ish at times  
Guess I will throw my 2 cents into the jar regarding site remodeling.

This site is, right now, the photography site i visit second most. Online Photographer is the one i visit the most.
I actually like this site's layout etc., but perhaps that is just the virtue of familiarity with it.

Re the Forum
I hope there is not a breakout of cameras by brands into separate sub-catagories. One of the things I enjoy about this site is the way equipment is already sub-grouped. It would turn the forum into another "boys & their toys" destination.

Reviews/Articles
I like them the way they are, for the most part. Re the camera reviews, being more impressions and "a photographer's take" on the item is nice. I actually enjoy the "reviews here and on Reid's site the most of any. I think if a person want the charts and graphs, there is the DXO site,  and many others. I also like that the images in the "reviews" are actually, ok to very good photographs. I do read the camera "reviews', though they are of usually of little utility for me personally. I do not earn my living via photography and do not have loads of discretionary income. Most of the stuff reviewed is for me, "high end". But it is nice to see how the other 3% lives...  

One suggestion for a change, is re the Review page. While the alphabetical part is ok, the more crowded "letters" take awhile to visually search for what you want.

But in general, good job.

pegelli

• http://pegelli.smugmug.com/
Mars Banned
« Reply #65 on: February 08, 2010, 01:58:26 am »

Quote from: daws
Ah. A motivational speaker.

touche

About as motivational as someone on speakers corner with a bullhorn and earplugs  

Some people don't understand being right isn't enough, it's making others agree with you that's the hard part
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:59:04 am by pegelli »
pieter, aka pegelli

michael

Mars Banned
« Reply #66 on: February 08, 2010, 05:27:03 am »

I think that this thread has now run its course. Time to move on.

Michael
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up