Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LOOKING FOR MODEST COPY STAND SETUP WITH LIGHTS  (Read 9478 times)

Shamrock

LOOKING FOR MODEST COPY STAND SETUP WITH LIGHTS
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:41:10 am »

Looking for Modest Copy Stand Setup with Lights:

I have a Canon 50D DSLR and would like to set up a modestly priced tabletop copy-stand with adjustable lights in a home studio I’m setting up in the garage.  I would also use the lights for separate small-object close-up/macro photography using a tripod as the camera support.

I’ve seen the Bencher and Kaiser models online but they’re really out of my $ price range.  Is there anything that is “non top-of-the-line” but not junky out there … say in the $200 (+/-) range?  

Again, I’m shopping online since I’m nowhere near any big city  photo/camera emporiums.

Many thanks.

Kumar

• http://www.bskumarphotography.com
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 03:29:01 am »

Have you thought of converting an old enlarger? Nobody seems to have any use for them now, and you could even get one free. Use the savings for more versatile lights.

Kumar

Shamrock

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 12:52:04 am »

Just thinking ...

I also have two flatbed scanners: (1) Epson Perfection 4490 (for my laptop using XP); and (2) HP-C4480 PhotoSmart (for my desktop using Vista).

So do I really need a copy-stand setup?  Does it do anything the scanner can’t do as well?

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up