Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fraudulent seller of Epson used parts. Beware!  (Read 8955 times)

uaiomex

• http://www.eduardocervantes.com
Fraudulent seller of Epson used parts. Beware!
« on: January 28, 2010, 02:46:56 pm »

Back in September 2009, I asked here for help to locate a used Epson 7600 mainboard. Somebody kindly pointed me to an auction on eBay. Since I never bidded on eBay, I was nervous to do it. I won the bid and paid for the item via paypal. The mainboard arrived but it was the wrong kind. I got in touch with the seller and at the same time I filed a complaint with paypal on not receiving the right item. The seller got mad at me for doing it and for not getting in touch at first hand. I told him I thought it was standard procedure and that I didn't mean any harm. I offered him to retrieve my complaint. I realized that if I did this, I were not able to set a complaint or dispute anymore for that purchase. I decided to give him the benefit of the doubt and I retrieved my complaint.
On October 26th, I internationally shipped back the "wrong" item to the seller at my own expense to be exchange for the right item. After too many weeks and many emails I didn't get any signs from the seller. About a  month ago, I threated him to expose him.  Suddenly I got a response telling me that the right item was already shipped. This time under suspicion, I asked him for a tracking number or shipping receipt. He never provided any.  2 weeks ago, I sent him a final email informing that I was going to expose him. Never got a response. So, since he doesn't care for his name and company to be exposed as being a fraud and for a warning service to all you fellow members of this great place, I give you his "profille"

Name: Ernie Radicchi / Ernest Radicchi  
Co. name: Atlantic Computer Dispatch
Vendor ID: er1224

I realized this seller has a good reputation as a seller. This whole issue tells me that some people with a lot of experience as ebay vendors know who and how to screw some people, especially maybe those bidding internationally.
Take much care when purchasing on eBay. Hope this helps some honest people.
Eduardo
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:26:54 pm by uaiomex »

stamper

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 04:45:50 am »

What has this got to do with

Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printers, Papers and Inks

Are you sure you have posted to the correct forum? This isn't a forum about fraud?

BobDavid

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 08:24:17 pm »

Give the guy a break. I appreciate his warning folks on the forum.

Randy Carone

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 12:04:29 am »

+1 for giving the guy a break. It is a forum section about printers and he talked about his printer. No harm, no foul.
Randy Carone

stamper

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 04:19:17 am »

Quote from: Randy Carone
+1 for giving the guy a break. It is a forum section about printers and he talked about his printer. No harm, no foul.

Very tenuous to say the least? An allegation of fraud that may or not be true? Sorry I stick by my earlier post.

fjmcsu

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 02:18:54 pm »

Thanks for the tip!

uaiomex

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 07:54:13 pm »

I've been a regular contributing member of this forum for almost 4 years. Stamper is free to stick to whatever his beliefs are. For the rest of you, thanks a lot for your support and simpathy. What this world needs is more people like you guys and less people like radicchi and friends.
Eduardo

Quote from: fjmcsu
Thanks for the tip!

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 08:34:32 pm »

Quote from: uaiomex
On October 26th, I internationally shipped back the "wrong" item to the seller at my own expense to be exchange for the right item.

I noticed none of your posts make any mention of any sort of proof the seller ever got the "wrong" mainboard back, and from what you wrote in your initial post, it sounds like several weeks elapsed between placing the order and returning the "wrong" item. Do you have a tracking number for your return shipment, or any confirmation from the shipper that the package was actually received by the seller? If I was the seller and someone claimed I shipped the wrong item, there's no way I'd issue a refund until I got the "wrong" item back. There's plenty of scams out there (especially with international sales) where the buyer claims a problem with the goods, contacts the seller for a refund, and promises to return the item. If the seller refunds before the item is shipped, the odds of the seller getting the item back are close to zero, at which point the seller has neither the item nor the money.

I've been a regular contributing member of this forum for almost 4 years.

Not unless "4" means something different en Español than in English:
uaiomex
regular
Group: Members

You've been on the board less than 3 years...
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:41:11 pm by Jonathan Wienke »

uaiomex

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2010, 01:04:03 am »

Jonathan:
I don't have any sort of proof that he received the item back other than an email from him saying he was getting ready the item as specified on eBay to be shipped again to me. The other proof is the receipt from the courier company in which I sent him the wrong board.
I am a little confused here. Are you asking me to prove you that my acusation is founded?
You are right, it is 3 years, my mistake. No need to be a "smartelic" (I hope I wrote it right)
Eduardo

Quote from: Jonathan Wienke
I noticed none of your posts make any mention of any sort of proof the seller ever got the "wrong" mainboard back, and from what you wrote in your initial post, it sounds like several weeks elapsed between placing the order and returning the "wrong" item. Do you have a tracking number for your return shipment, or any confirmation from the shipper that the package was actually received by the seller? If I was the seller and someone claimed I shipped the wrong item, there's no way I'd issue a refund until I got the "wrong" item back. There's plenty of scams out there (especially with international sales) where the buyer claims a problem with the goods, contacts the seller for a refund, and promises to return the item. If the seller refunds before the item is shipped, the odds of the seller getting the item back are close to zero, at which point the seller has neither the item nor the money.

Not unless "4" means something different en Español than in English:
uaiomex
regular
Group: Members

You've been on the board less than 3 years...

Jonathan Wienke

• http://visual-vacations.com/
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2010, 08:49:39 am »

Quote from: uaiomex
I am a little confused here. Are you asking me to prove you that my acusation is founded?

Yes. If I accused you of having sex with small children, wouldn't you want me to have proof (such as video, photos, sworn statements from witnesses and victims, incriminating emails or text messages, etc.) before posting those accusations on the internet for the whole world to see? If you accuse someone of wrongdoing publicly and have no proof to support your accusations, and those accusations have a negative effect on the person you accuse (such as costing them money or damaging their reputation) the person you accused can take you to court for libel or slander, and you can held financially liable for the damages you caused the person you accused.

Anyone can say anything on the internet, and they do. You don't have to look very hard to find all kinds of kooky conspiracy theories and people accusing other people of all sorts of weird and wild things without any evidence to support those claims. I've never met you, and I've never met Ernie Radicchi, and I have no way to judge the credibility of what you say compare to what he might have to say, other than objective facts and evidence. If you can produce evidence to back up your claims (such as a tracking number for the return shipment that proves the seller received the "wrong" item and signed for it), that tips the balance of credibility heavily in your favor. If you cannot or will not produce such evidence, then I'd be inclined to view your claims with a great deal of skepticism.

If you want to be credible, present the proof along with the accusation. This will distinguish you from the people who post lies about other people simply because the other person stole their girlfriend or whatever, and make people who read this thread more likely to avoid doing business with Mr. Radicchi (which I assume was the whole point of starting this thread). It will also protect you if Mr. Radicchi decided to sue you for libel or slander.

stamper

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2010, 09:03:26 am »

I am surprised the moderator hasn't closed this thread. If there has been a libel - I am definitely stating that I don't know - then the forum can be held responsible. I used to have a forum in the UK and I know from experience that is true ..... at least under UK law. Hence the reason for my original post.

uaiomex

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2010, 09:52:29 pm »

If the owner of this forum ask me to surrender proof of my case, I will gladly comply to email him all my emails and shipping receipt received and sent from and to paypal, eBay and Radiccchi. If he decides to shut this thread, I will understand, no questions asked. I feel thankful and humble for the oportunity I've had so far for exposing my case to the world photographic comunity in which I got vicitmized in my pocket and in my irreplaceable time. Thank you very much.
Eduardo

Quote from: stamper
I am surprised the moderator hasn't closed this thread. If there has been a libel - I am definitely stating that I don't know - then the forum can be held responsible. I used to have a forum in the UK and I know from experience that is true ..... at least under UK law. Hence the reason for my original post.

Ernierad

Re: Fraudulent seller of Epson used parts. Beware!
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 11:18:56 pm »

I decided finally to explain my point of view about this matter. I had an Epson main board for sale on eBay. In the description it was from a 7600/9600 dye ink system. If the buyer had an authorized Epson rep install the part, he would have to install new firmware on this board. The buyer thought it was a plug and play item and it is not. We have been in business since 1984 and authorized by Epson for almost 16 years along with Mutoh, Mimake, Agfa and many other printers and RIPs. Sorry for any miscommunications.

Ernierad

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2012, 11:28:26 pm »

Yes you are right. That was stupid. Is there a way for me to remove it. It just got on my nerves, after all these years for that to be the first thing people saw when my name was googled. Especially since I did not do anything wrong.

uaiomex

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2012, 01:49:25 pm »

Please check your inbox.
Eduardo
Yes you are right. That was stupid. Is there a way for me to remove it. It just got on my nerves, after all these years for that to be the first thing people saw when my name was googled. Especially since I did not do anything wrong.

Pages: [1]   Go Up