Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon 24mm f/2.0 Ai  (Read 1240 times)

Jimlizard

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidguimaraes/
Nikon 24mm f/2.0 Ai
« on: January 28, 2010, 06:19:13 am »

This is the fastest Nikon 24mm lens ever produced.
They are rare to find and they worth more than twice as much as the slower f/2.8 variant.
It's an excellent lens to use on APS-C bodies, since it'll perform about the same as a 35mm f/2.0 which, in my opinion, is the best focal distance for general purpose use.
Anyway, if you want to explore all its wide angle beauty, a digital full-frame or a film Nikon body is recommended.

You can also use it on Canon EOS, 4/3, micro 4/3 and Sigma cameras.

I have been using it on a Canon 5D Mark II (with an adapter, of course), which is a very demanding camera, and the results are superb. This is sharp corner to corner! I also own a (Contax) Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28mm f/2.0 "Hollywood" and it's very hard to see any difference between them.
Although this a wide angle lens, it's possible to get a very beautiful bokeh if you use it wide-open, which is one of the advantages of fast glass, allowing some creative effects.

The lens is in near mint or mint condition and I doubt it's possible to find a better copy, especially taking in account its age. Please judge the pictures by yourself - which is better than a description - and feel free to ask me for more if you want. There absolutely no scratches or cleaning marks.
On the last picture, the lens is the one mounted on the silver FM2. Obviously, the rest of the equipment is not included.

It will be deliver with both rear and front caps. The front cap presents some signs of use which, obviously, doesn't affect the functionality at all. I just would recommend the buyer to get a new one, if he wants the cap to fit the pristine look of the lens. They probably cost around 4 or 5 euros.

Important note: I forgot to remove the Nikon-Canon adapter before taking the pictures, but it's not included in the sale.

Price: 335 euros

European Union: 15 eur, signed with full insurance
Rest of the world: Please ask for a quote

"All photographs are accurate. None of them is the truth." - Richard Avedon
Pages: [1]   Go Up