Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: C1 Legacy Product Support  (Read 8005 times)

PeterDewar

C1 Legacy Product Support
« on: January 28, 2010, 12:11:21 am »

I am at my wits end!

I have happily used C1 3.7.3 LE for many years. On 01/01/2010 it announced that my demonstration licence had expired. Attempts to re-activate the licence appeared to be accepted, until one tried to run the programme again and the same error materialised.

A quick note to Phase One's support established that this was a bug that was affecting many C1 legacy programmes. A fix was promised within a week. However, a temporary solution of using Ver 4.8.3 was offered. Unfortunately my laptop is nearing the end of its useful life and does not have sufficient resources to run Ver 4. Also, tests with Ver 4 a couple of years back convinced me that, with my raw files, Ver 4 could not produce the same excellent results as Ver 3.7.3.

The problem is that no permanent solution has been forthcoming from Phase One, and they now appear to be ignoring the pleas from their legacy customer base.

By the way, to work around the problem I change my system clock to 2009, process the images, change the clock back to 2010, and then use a batch utility to alter the the dates on the converted files. The main problem is that I sometimes forget to change the clock back, and some strange things happen to some other software.

Apparently Ver 3.7.9 DB does not suffer from this bug. However, that was not an LE version, so my key will not unlock the software.

Any suggestions?

regards - Peter

deejjjaaaa

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 11:18:28 pm »

Quote from: PeterDewar
Any suggestions?

get a new notebook and test v4.8.x/v5.x again

tmessenger

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 09:59:00 am »

I have the same problem but can run 4.8 but don't like it, after opening a case with P1 they are indicating they are not going to fix LE 3.7 . what they really want me to do is buy a new license for 5. or run 4.8 this stinks.

Tim

PeterDewar

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 11:56:38 pm »

Solved! Originally I had opened a query with Phase One. When I used that reference to complain, Phase One gave me a free upgrade to C1 3.7.9. PRO. The output is as good as my old 3.7.3 LE, the only problem (so far) is that it insists on using its own Images directory for output, which means that I will have to modify my workflow.

regards - Peter

Nill Toulme

• http://www.toulmephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:05:34 pm »

You can very easily point the output anywhere you like, and particularly easily to a new folder within the source folder — this is one of my favorite features of 3.7.x lost in v4 and v5.  

On the Process tab, click on the little folder icon (second from the right).  If you want the output to go to an automatically created /develops folder within the source folder, just check the box next to "Always process images to associated image folder."  If you want it to go somewhere else, just uncheck that box, then click on the "Select folder" button and navigate to where you want your output to go.

Nill

selsoe

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2010, 11:40:12 am »

Quote from: Nill Toulme
You can very easily point the output anywhere you like, and particularly easily to a new folder within the source folder — this is one of my favorite features of 3.7.x lost in v4 and v5.

You can do that in 5 too. In the Process Recipe Tool, click the advanced tab, choose image folder in the drop down and specify a sub folder below.

Nill Toulme

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 01:39:39 pm »

Yes but, maddeningly (to me at least), in v4 they eliminated the checkbox that automagically created a \develops folder inside the source folder and, as far as I can tell, did not restore it in v5.  I really hate that.  Now I have to navigate to the source folder, and create and name an output folder.  Or am I missing something?  (I hope...)

Nill

selsoe

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 03:45:32 pm »

Yes but, maddeningly (to me at least), in v4 they eliminated the checkbox that automagically created a \develops folder inside the source folder and, as far as I can tell, did not restore it in v5.  I really hate that.  Now I have to navigate to the source folder, and create and name an output folder.  Or am I missing something?  (I hope...)

Nill

You are missing something (if I understand you correctly) . It's actually easier in 5 than in 3. You just choose Image Folder as output and put develops in the subfolder field. Every time you process, the folder is created as a subfolder to the image folder of the files you are processing if it doesn't exist and it puts the processed files there.

Nill Toulme

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 04:07:39 pm »

Quote from: selsoe
...You just choose Image Folder as output and put develops in the subfolder field. Every time you process, the folder is created as a subfolder to the image folder of the files you are processing if it doesn't exist and it puts the processed files there.
Wow, you might be about to make my day... where do I do this?  I.e., where is it that I "choose Image Folder as output and put develops in the subfolder field?"

Nill

selsoe

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 04:12:05 pm »

Wow, you might be about to make my day... where do I do this?  I.e., where is it that I "choose Image Folder as output and put develops in the subfolder field?"

Nill

I'm not sure if this also applies to the non-PRO version but it's in the Process Recipe Tool if you click the advanced tab.

Nill Toulme

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 04:45:18 pm »

Wow, thanks, I had missed this entirely.  What's the difference in the "Sub Name" and "Sub Folder" fields?

And you have indeed made my day.  Next I will have some navigation questions for you, but that can wait.

Nill

Nill Toulme

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 04:51:12 pm »

p.s.  How does the setting on the Advanced tab relate to the "Output To" field under "Output Naming?"

Nill

selsoe

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 04:27:13 am »

Wow, thanks, I had missed this entirely.  What's the difference in the "Sub Name" and "Sub Folder" fields?

And you have indeed made my day.  Next I will have some navigation questions for you, but that can wait.

Nill

The sub name is a recipe specific name. Since the settings in the Recipe tool is bound to the selected recipe, you can set a specific sub name for each recipe. The sub name can then be chosen as part of the output name in the output naming tool.

And to answer your second question: The setting in the advanced tab relates to the selected recipe, where as the output naming tool has a more global nature. The setting in this tool goes across recipes. However, if you set output to image folder in the recipe tool, it overrides the output naming tool which isn't entirely obvious. Actually the relation between these two tools isn't all that obvious if you ask me, but that's how it works.

Nill Toulme

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 06:57:55 am »

So if you use the Advanced tab feature, the only way to override it (because for example you want to output to a particular folder elsewhere instead of your normal default of \develops within the source folder), is what?  To create a new recipe?

This is very confusing.  That's why I liked the easy checkbox in v3.7.x so much.  ;-)

Nill

selsoe

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 08:27:10 am »

So if you use the Advanced tab feature, the only way to override it (because for example you want to output to a particular folder elsewhere instead of your normal default of \develops within the source folder), is what?  To create a new recipe?

This is very confusing.  That's why I liked the easy checkbox in v3.7.x so much.  ;-)

Nill

Create a new recipe, or select a specific folder in the advanced tab drop down.

Nill Toulme

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 12:03:05 pm »

OK, thanks very much for all the help.

Nill
Pages: [1]   Go Up