Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video web focused guys... what software/s are you using?  (Read 2542 times)

Dansk

Video web focused guys... what software/s are you using?
« on: January 27, 2010, 10:22:07 pm »

Seeing as it seems to be the consensus of many on here that video will replace stills I figured I'd see what software you guys are using for editing and adding effects to your work? I have experience with Final Cut Pro and very limited experience with avid but seeing as the future is aiming towards the web it seems to me that there are probably better options and arenas to go for. I see flash is ever more dominant but I know nothing on how to use it. I supose what i'm looking for is informed opinions from members with experience. For instance;

I was fortunate enough to have digital photography experience long before many and by the time Phase one ( Lightphase ) came out it was a no brainer to get on board as the software was top notch compared to everyone else at the time and as it turns out I made the right call as Phase still leads the industry and is now pretty much "the last man standing" so to speak. So for any and all of you web experts out there I'm curious to what your thoughts are on the best software to master right now that will survive redundancy. If you could pick just one to master for an upstart which would it be?

Maybe this is an impossible answer as most still digital pros or advanced amateurs use both a raw converter then edit with a secondary app such as photoshop and then pluggins or third party apps are for even more extreme efforts...

So i guess what I'm saying is If it has to be multiple apps then offer explanation as to what you feel works best for what and why?

Alex MacPherson

• http://alexmacpherson.com
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2010, 03:20:26 pm »

Quote from: Dansk
Seeing as it seems to be the consensus of many on here that video will replace stills I figured I'd see what software you guys are using for editing and adding effects to your work? I have experience with Final Cut Pro and very limited experience with avid but seeing as the future is aiming towards the web it seems to me that there are probably better options and arenas to go for. I see flash is ever more dominant but I know nothing on how to use it. I supose what i'm looking for is informed opinions from members with experience. For instance;

I was fortunate enough to have digital photography experience long before many and by the time Phase one ( Lightphase ) came out it was a no brainer to get on board as the software was top notch compared to everyone else at the time and as it turns out I made the right call as Phase still leads the industry and is now pretty much "the last man standing" so to speak. So for any and all of you web experts out there I'm curious to what your thoughts are on the best software to master right now that will survive redundancy. If you could pick just one to master for an upstart which would it be?

Maybe this is an impossible answer as most still digital pros or advanced amateurs use both a raw converter then edit with a secondary app such as photoshop and then pluggins or third party apps are for even more extreme efforts...

So i guess what I'm saying is If it has to be multiple apps then offer explanation as to what you feel works best for what and why?

I am pretty new to video too but I like Red Giant Software's Magic Bullet.
Alex MacPherson

Visit My Website

fredjeang

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:58:56 pm »

Hi,
I'm normally not very friendly with monopols but if I had to spend time in learning, I'll choose Adobe products.
This company has now entire suite solutions with no hassle between platforms.
In agencies it is by far the most used, they have very good seminars etc...
I use Premiere Pro and Flash.

Of course there are many very good options but nothing that I know with such an integration than Adobe.

Cheers,

Fred.
Pages: [1]   Go Up